Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 195 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yeah its kinda funny you bring this gas milage stuff up. Coming up here in a couple of months Im more than likely going to be trading in my Ex on a toyota tacoma. Everythings starting to break on it, my gas mileage is horrible, and im starting to get up there in miles. I love it but I need a truck lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

let me know what you guys think, or any future ideas, thanks!

Photo0154.jpg

Photo0155.jpg

1000000196.jpg

1000000195.jpg

1000000194.jpg

110922_004.jpg

110922_002.jpg

I say paint the trim black whenever you get a chance! Ride looks good and I bet some people do a double take to make sure you are not a cop or something with those wheels:D

thanks! yeah iv thought about painting the trim black but im afraid of the paint chipping or fading from the sun, the trim looks nice after its waxed for a week or so but after that it lightens up...and yes i get a lot of people to slow down and get a lot of looks its nice when people get out of your way lol. and were i live there are a few blacked out x's, jeeps, and tahoe's that are cops so i tend to blend in and look legit lol

So I was replacing caliper clips and some rubber boots on my brakes today; and found something interesting when I took my caliper off...
ef0bf1e9.jpg

That's a Dragonfly. Not really sure how he worked his way in there, but he's toast....

Here's my recently purchased explorer. so far just bigger tires and modified air box. but will get there little bit by bit.

Looking forward to receiving my 1"/1.25" spacers from BTF.

in any case definitely better then my old jeep xj. :thumbsup:

exp1.jpg

exp2.jpg

what size tires are those?

they are 265/75/r16 Goodyear Wrangler Territory. Similar to duratracs

it must be the all terrain, i shoulda gone for the looks not the cost, darnit

CDshadow, I was thinking the same thing about the cop ride. BTW is that a set of flex cuffs on your rearview mirror? I looks like it if not!
Stu

CDshadow, I was thinking the same thing about the cop ride. BTW is that a set of flex cuffs on your rearview mirror? I looks like it if not!
Stu

yes they are, i have two hanging on the mirror i thought it would look pretty cool :D

That's funny as hell...I didn't notice at first.

If you get a pushbar that will pretty much seal the deal for everyone thinking your a cop.

lol yeah, iv thought about getting a push bar, brush guard, or bull guard in the future but dont think it will look to nice. plan on getting bigger tires in the future dont want to go less then 265, whats the biggest i can go with out a lift 275, 285...?

lol yeah, iv thought about getting a push bar, brush guard, or bull guard in the future but dont think it will look to nice. plan on getting bigger tires in the future dont want to go less then 265, whats the biggest i can go with out a lift 275, 285...?

No lift = 265/75/16 or 265/70/17

And since you like the cop look, I suggest sticking to grille guards or pushbars and not a brush guard.

Well guys, turns out I'm going to be buying back the explorer and replacing the windshield. But I'll have 4k to spend on it. Its not going to be pretty, but its gonna be pretty awesome.

does anything else need replaced beyond dent repair from the hail, and good to hear your keeping it

43 said:
Well guys, turns out I'm going to be buying back the explorer and replacing the windshield. But I'll have 4k to spend on it. Its not going to be pretty, but its gonna be pretty awesome.

Maybe put that 4K toward a garage addition? lol

Dents are too severe to fix, just going to put a new windshield in and rear wiper and be set. I would of loved a new garage addition, but there's just no room right now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back