• Register Today It's free!

Fixed calendar

sgparnes

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited WMetTr/Pecan
Took vehicle to dealer Saturday. He undid the battery, then hooked it back up, set the GPS as default for clock(it was), and took the car outside so GPS can get a fix. Lo and behold it is now the proper date. He said that after a battery "reset" the car has to find the satellite the first time in order to reset. I guess the same is true if you are having clock problems.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Took vehicle to dealer Saturday. He undid the battery, then hooked it back up, set the GPS as default for clock(it was), and took the car outside so GPS can get a fix. Lo and behold it is now the proper date. He said that after a battery "reset" the car has to find the satellite the first time in order to reset. I guess the same is true if you are having clock problems.
Glad to see that was fixed for you although you'd think there should be a better way to go about it. Disconnecting the battery also means that the transmission has to 're-learn' your driving pattern to reset its shift points.

Peter

Calendar

I would like to hear from a Ford spokesperson regarding this problem. I have a 2011 Limited and the problem still exists after the update. I can't believe you should have to unplug the battery to fix the calendar.

To have the calendar not work on a $45,000 car is ridiculous. To have it not work after a major update is even more ridiculous.

I noticed the trans jerking, so I assumed it needed to relearn. Not only do you disconnect the battery, but you need a line of site to the GPS satellite, and under settings..set up clock to use GPS. They said only needed the first time.

Calendar

Why wasn't this fixed when my vehicle was in for the update. Ford has to know that this problem exists. What's the pointg of having a calendar if it doesn't work. You would think this would be an easy software fix. Why does this problem still exist?

The calendar does nothing, except is a calendar. Hopefully in the future it will merge with Outlook and give reminders etc. Someone correct me if I'm missing something. I had this issue before the latest update and was told the update will fix it. Now I see it could have been fixed before.

Back