• Register Today It's free!

Audible Books

doinit10

Reaction score
City, State
Harrisonville, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited 4WD 302A
Does the new sync/mft support audio books from audible.com? If so, how is it accessed?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a few audible books on my iphone, I can play them through the MFT either by bluetooth or USB....

I would think if you can get the book to your smartphone, you should be able to play it.

Several sites specifically mentioned access to audible.com for the new update before it actually came out, but when I had a "chat" with a sync operator, he said sync/mft did not have that feature. Since the update Ford has not mentioned it on any site that I have seen. I don't have a smartphone so for now that is out for me.

yeah no direct support through MFT for any other apps, only other option is copy an audible book to a flash drive and plug it into the vehicle.

Several sites specifically mentioned access to audible.com for the new update before it actually came out, but when I had a "chat" with a sync operator, he said sync/mft did not have that feature. Since the update Ford has not mentioned it on any site that I have seen. I don't have a smartphone so for now that is out for me.

Yes, it was touted as a "new feature." In fact, here's a current link from Ford saying just that:

http://syncsupport.ford.com/servlet...pgrade-overview-sync-with-myford-touch#reload

Now, doesn't say exactly what "audible support" means, but since you could always listen to audible via your phones BT I can't see how that would be considered a new feature of the performance upgrade. As an Audible subscriber I perked up when I saw that there was to be some sort of Audible support in the upgrade, but I should have known that there wouldn't actually be anything there.

Hey everyone!

Check this out from Audible.com:

Audible Compatibility Coming Soon to Ford owners with MyFord Touch:

With the MyFord Touch upgrade you recently received from Ford, you will soon be able to play your Audible content through your MyFord Touch system. This will allow you to listen to your Audible content using some of the terrific MyFord Touch features including voice command.

When will Audible Compatibility be Ready for MyFord Touch?

We hope to have Audible playback with MyFord Touch available to you later this spring. As part of announcing availability, we will also provide clear instructions on how to activate your MyFord Touch system for Audible playback.

We appreciate your patience, and look forward to offering this enhanced in-car Audible listening experience to you!

If you have any questions in the interim or would like to be notified as soon as it's available, please email Audible Customer Care or call us at 888-283-5051. Our customer care agents are available 24 hours a day, every day.

http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4118/kw/ford

Rebecca

Back