A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

I can't believe that with as much uproar there was about this system and upgrade, the issue at hand is the display of a freakin' outside temp. Really? Is this where we're at? The 3rd row seat buttons finally come up again, which I totally get- but yet post after post about a stupid temperature.

2 X :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update done by Dealer

Just had the new update done at the dealership today. Love the new MFT, phone re sync not a problem (droid) I never had a problem with the V2.11 and I use the Navigation 20 to 25 times a day. Love the new graphics on the highway markers and exits. My build date was March 22, 2011 and I had my LTD built for me. The dream lives on!

Yes, mine works fine.

Dealer just called, looks like I'll be the recipient of a new APIM module....they tried to reload everything and still reboot problems like I showed in my video.....

Hello, has anyone actually received this in the mail yet? Also, do you guys recommend that we hold off and NOT ask the dealer for an update in the shop?

We have to do an inspection this week, and I am thinking that it might be best to do the update ourselves once the USB stick comes in.

Thanks,
R

I have owned a total of 5 Ford Explorers. Never had problems with any of the previous 4 and I bragged to people about it. So, no I was not here to complain but I am here now and I am not the only one. How many have problems and don't know about this thread?
Ford had a great bluetooth in my 2008 but no that had to be changed probably to attempt to save $$$. I wonder what the fixes are costing them?

One of the reasons for buying my 11 was the MFT. Like others have said, it takes 5 minutes to initiate a phone call or get the navigation going. I have 27k miles and up till this last "update" have had them all done.

No mail from Ford about an update. Can you tell me where you got the last update that you did it yourself?

No free oil change and I did the update myself.

GCR33, I downloaded the update from SyncMyRide and installed it myself. A few weeks later, the update came in the mail, but I didn't need it since I had already updated.

Hello, has anyone actually received this in the mail yet? Also, do you guys recommend that we hold off and NOT ask the dealer for an update in the shop?

We have to do an inspection this week, and I am thinking that it might be best to do the update ourselves once the USB stick comes in.

Thanks,
R
I see that you have a 2011 model. Did www.syncmyride.com say that you had to take it to the dealer? If not, my understanding is that you should have been able to download it from the site. It instructed me to take my 2011 to the dealer, in which case I would not be getting anything in the mail.

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm a member here, I wouldn't even have known that an update is available.

Peter

I found out the update was available thru Syncmyride website. It told me I had to go to the dealer to get it done.

When I called the dealer, he said: "Oh no...you'll get the upgrade in the mail and you can do it yourself". So I waited, and waited, and waited. No mail pkg. Went back to the website, said go to the dealer dummy.

I called the dealer, told him what the website said, and the dealer made me drive 32 miles, round trip, so he could write down the stupid VIN number to order the upgrade package. You'd think I could have given the VIN to him over the phone, email, or even snail mail...but noooooo...I had to take it in to him.

Welcome to SC. Home of the trainee. And this dealer is the best one around...

Inputting navigation destination is still painful. I had the whole thing completely freeze and reboot the other day twice while out on site in the middle of the state. I had to wait like 10 minutes each time before I could input in my next destination.

I found out the update was available thru Syncmyride website. It told me I had to go to the dealer to get it done.

When I called the dealer, he said: "Oh no...you'll get the upgrade in the mail and you can do it yourself". So I waited, and waited, and waited. No mail pkg. Went back to the website, said go to the dealer dummy.

I called the dealer, told him what the website said, and the dealer made me drive 32 miles, round trip, so he could write down the stupid VIN number to order the upgrade package. You'd think I could have given the VIN to him over the phone, email, or even snail mail...but noooooo...I had to take it in to him.

Welcome to SC. Home of the trainee. And this dealer is the best one around...
If this is the dealer where you bought your Explorer, he should have already had that information (VIN) available to him.
My dealer did mine and did not have to order anything. Ford supplied the dealers with the necessary items to do the upgrades.
I sounds like your dealer is another that wasn't aware of the proper procedures.

Peter

Mine was working wonderfully too until recently. I have now experienced a complete lockup of the system twice that resulted in me having to do a battery pull to reset it.

Both times I was out of town and had to live without mft/clock/temperature control etc until I could get home to pull the battery cable.

I now carry a wrench in the glove box for the next time it happens.

I've given up on ever getting what I paid for and should expect from Ford.

Mine was working wonderfully too until recently. I have now experienced a complete lockup of the system twice that resulted in me having to do a battery pull to reset it.

Both times I was out of town and had to live without mft/clock/temperature control etc until I could get home to pull the battery cable.

I now carry a wrench in the glove box for the next time it happens.

I've given up on ever getting what I paid for and should expect from Ford.
Fuse 29 is easier than the battery.
no wrench needed. You do need to wait a few minutes with the fuse out to get the best reset.

Fuse 29 is easier than the battery.
no wrench needed. You do need to wait a few minutes with the fuse out to get the best reset.

Unless you're built like a 5 year old kid, fuse 29 is not "easy" to get to. The placement of the user facing fuse box is ridiculous. You need to be working for the circus as the "amazing rubber man" in order to bend and squeeze under the dash.

Unless you're built like a 5 year old kid, fuse 29 is not "easy" to get to. The placement of the user facing fuse box is ridiculous. You need to be working for the circus as the "amazing rubber man" in order to bend and squeeze under the dash.

No kidding. I laughed when he suggested that pulling the fuse was easier that pulling a battery cable. It's almost impossible for a full size adult human possessing all 206 bones to access the fuse box and identify and pull that fuse. It takes 30 seconds to unhook the battery.

I have looked repeatedly for this outside temp option in my settings. Is this for a US version? Its not in my new version - and I have recieved the update stick and done all that stuff.

I have had nothing but issues with this entire system.... you cant turn your seat warmers off when a black screen happens!

Exact reason I had posted these pictures previously.....just for THOSE folks

Nav.jpg

IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg

I have looked repeatedly for this outside temp option in my settings. Is this for a US version? Its not in my new version - and I have recieved the update stick and done all that stuff.

I have had nothing but issues with this entire system.... you cant turn your seat warmers off when a black screen happens!
Welcome to the Forum cjallison.:wavey:With the new MFT Performance Upgrade, the temperature is no longer shown on the main MFT screen. It is only available at the bottom of the right hand screen. This applies to both U.S. and Canadian models. Don't go by the pictures.;)
Unfortunately, when the screen goes blank everything not backed up by a manual control on the touch pad will be inoperative. You are not the first to experience this.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks. I find that the outside temp is very useful. (When Checking Multiple Fields for Frost damage it speeds up the process) And unfortunatly with all the problems I have had in the last 14 months with the MFT, and complete lack of customer care from Ford, after 25 years of having 3-4 fords in our yard (Currently 2 are 2011, they replaced the 08 & 06) I have to seriously look at switching.:(

Back