• Register Today It's free!

I really like my Explorer!

Slimhaven

Reaction score
City, State
Lansdale, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
Can we start a new thread of people that really like their Ex's instead of constantly whining about the minutest things that give the Ex character. I understand that there are some issues but I have not seen a thread where people can just say why they like their Ex's and have no complaints. I for one dont know how people get through life constantly complaining about every little thing. So the true Ex owners that really love them and have no issues please check in.;););););););)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was thinking the same thing. I absolutely love my 2012 Explorer xlt. Every day I get into my truck I appreciate the quiet smooth ride, and I am very impressed the handling and braking. This big truck handles and brakes very well. I put on 23k kilometres in six months of driving, almost zero issues with MFT, one rattle issue was taken care of by my dealer no questions asked. Good fuel economy, tons of room, and I think the truck looks great. I rotated the wheels recently, I drive more in six months than many do in 1-2 years, the brake pads were still in great shape, as are my rotors, and I was pleasantly surprised to find dual piston calipers up front, pretty decent brakes.

Some days I'll drive my Honda S2000 for a bit of fun, but as soon as I sit back into my Explorer I just love the way it feels. No complaints here, and I wouldn't trade my truck for anything else I see on the road. My friend with a BMW X3 continually complains about how much truck I got for such little coin compared to his truck and he dislikes the rough ride of his truck compared to my super smooth ride.

Can we start a new thread of people that really like their Ex's instead of constantly whining about the minutest things that give the Ex character. I understand that there are some issues but I have not seen a thread where people can just say why they like their Ex's and have no complaints. I for one dont know how people get through life constantly complaining about every little thing. So the true Ex owners that really love them and have no issues please check in.;););););););)
There have been many posts by owners who like their Explorer. I understand what you are attempting to do but you have really limited the field of your respondants by saying 'no issues'.
I for one really like my Explorer but have had a couple of issues, such as the random windshield wipe and a bad right front sensor. So according to what you asked for, I and many others like me would not qualify for this thread.

Peter

I like mine a lot!

Good idea for a thread. Having a couple minor warranty fixes should not DQ posters here. We still need to hear from them.

We got our 2013 Explorer a few weeks ago and it is one fine vehicle. I was a GM Service Mgr for quite a few of the 38 years I spent in GM Dealers. Our Explorer XLT is a fine riding, solid and well designed SUV. Only things I could find to do were minor alignment of hood and right tail lamp. Paint is nearly perfect. Had it on my lift and I like the way the undercarriage looks, nice design.

Very quiet ride, ample power (have a ZR1 Corvette if I want to go fast), plenty of cargo space (have a pick-up for heavy stuff) and pretty good mileage (have a four cylinder Accord for running around).

We bought it based on appearance and my quick inspection of one, having been in the car business. It has been really pleasant to experience now that we can drive it and check out what they made for us. I did not order the techno-gadgets on purpose because they are not required and sometimes less is more.

I also agree that most log onto the forum when there is a concern or question. As I mentioned, I spent 38 years working in dealer service departments. All the cars with nothing wrong were going down the road, we only saw the ones that had issues. Same thing with the forum.

Have a nice day,

Al in Eastern Carolina

With the exception of two minor/trivial issues (a-pillar and condensation in passenger side mirror signal light) which will be fixd this Friday...my 2012 EX Limited has been phenominal.....everything I had expected and more.

I get a kick out of all the people out there that demand perfection in their vehicles but were more than happy to marry their spouses with all of their flaws (known in advance and all the rest that came out after the words "I do" were spoken)!!!!:D

I suppose that the support you get from your dealer/service dept can also make all of the difference in the world. So far....mine are terrific.

My A-pillar was fixed, and haven't had any GPS/MFT since the update(knocking on wood).

Besides for the squeaky brakes and the greasy windows, everything else is good. I like the car, but like any there are a few things that bother me. I really wish the 2nd row seats were further back.

Now, if I can only get my Thule box to stop rattling I'd be very happy.

There have been many posts by owners who like their Explorer. I understand what you are attempting to do but you have really limited the field of your respondants by saying 'no issues'.
I for one really like my Explorer but have had a couple of issues, such as the random windshield wipe and a bad right front sensor. So according to what you asked for, I and many others like me would not qualify for this thread.

Peter

You still qualify because the phantom wipe in my mind is a part of the character of the Ex and the sensor issue gets fixed on the next time in. What drives me crazy is the people that drone on about insignificant little things and never let go. Fix it and move on. If you like your Ex you will promote it if not they should trade it in and be a lot happier than they seem to be here.;););)

I've been very happy with mine.

I still can't believe they took the temp off of the main MFT screen! It's ridiculous!! How am I going to know what the temperature is outside!!!

Hehe, just kidding... :D

Count me in; this New Explorer has features that European SUVs at twice the price don't have. And the MFT is the most awesome OS on the road. Maybe if you included Audi w/ their internet access, you'd have as cool a system. Mine has never given me any problems and don't expect any, especially with the more stable MFT version.

and BTW, I miss Chimoman. He would have loved to comment on this thread :D

and BTW, I miss Chimoman. He would have loved to comment on this thread :D

I miss him too. You just never knew what he was going to post. I could never tell if he was just super funny, psycho, or bi-polar :)

^ LMAO :D

"Whiner thread" Ha!!!

I bought a 2011 Ex for the wife. Drove it one time and said " I GOT to get me one of these....and I did !
th_Explorers.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I get a kick out of all the people out there that demand perfection in their vehicles but were more than happy to marry their spouses with all of their flaws (known in advance and all the rest that came out after the words "I do" were spoken)!!!!:D

With all due respect - if my wife gave me half the grief the mft has given me, I would have kicked her to the curb a long time ago...

Back