my 94 explorer project(pics) | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

my 94 explorer project(pics)

Seems like they should fit , there the same design , Just not 4x4 beams under the coils

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so sorry to thread hijack here... but i have a 4x4 93XLT i just want to lower it about 2-3 nothing huge is that even a possibility?

problem with lowering it is it makes it a harsh ride... and wears out suspension parts prematurely. you can lower a 4x4 but im not sure how much before things start to bottom out...

yea you can only lower a 4x4 2' max

Seems like they should fit , there the same design , Just not 4x4 beams under the coils
thanks

No problem , i wanted to lower my Navajo when i first got it ,but it was 4x4 so i decided to lift instead ! but i have lowered and lifted truck and cars now so i have an idea what i can make work !

ok so if im looking for a better ride lowering is not the way to go any other ideas? better shocks maybe?

better shocks will help , but maybe check all of your bushings first to see if there are any problems first !

so a bit of an update on the tranny well I had (fordexplorerguy1) replace my cluthes so I had got my drive back, but after I got the tranny put back in it didnt have reverse. So he cleaned my valve body and realize the band was misalinged he was able to get it lined back up and WALLA!!! Dora has reverse again.. Thanks man!.. oh yea were going to a u-pull tomorrow to see what's out there pics will be taken.

while at his house he asked me did I have a owners manual so I went and got (really never look in it) but I was kinda surprised that I found a explorer writting pin, I know its a pin but I was surprised that the previous owner didnt loose it
IMG_20120413_131854.jpg

and here are some random pics I took a better look at the paint job
IMG_20120322_174102.jpg

I hit this side with a rattle can the paint ran on me so I sanded down and spray panted it so that why it look uneven I will give it a even finish but its good for now
IMG_20120322_174125.jpg

well bit of a update went to the upull saturday. fordexpoloerguy and I found some good stuff. Also sunday I completed my big 3 upgrade here are some pics
this is the set up
103_0285.jpg
here's my upgraded ground
103_0286.jpg

upgraded wire to the solenoid to ALT
103_0298.jpg

going to the bac of ALT
103_0287.jpg

I put my engine ground here untill I get longer wire
103_0289.jpg

with the car off im at
103_0296.jpg

with the car running im now at
103_0295.jpg

here's another pic of the motor the paint looks really good
103_0299.jpg

I got my limited grille :)
103_0302.jpg
103_0306.jpg

that limited grille and engine cover turned out really well! how does the new wiring help?

thanks man basically more power thru my electrical system meaning no more of the truck cutting off when it's stopped at a light when the music is blasting haha... oh yea I lost my phone last night so if you text me im not ignoring you I just dont know where it is

aright i need to get terminals for mine... the positive side wire is like swollen, i think its eaten up with corrosion

some more updates

yesterday fordexpoloerguy and I tried to pop some dents out of "Dora" we welded a screw driver we broke earlier that day
IMG_20120421_192732.jpg

IMG_20120421_192748.jpg

I was able the park "Dora" next to our company's 2011 explorer xlt, so I had to snap a shot
IMG_20120420_103333.jpg

Did the dents stay popped out?

yep it held up, it looks good even my mom was impressed

Good job, keep up the good work.

I hope to find a limited grille in good shape one of these days.... it'd match my limited bumper
thanks man it wasnt in good shape I had to use the tabs from my old grille, ill post pics on how I did it in the am.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well yesterday I blew a tweeter on the way home from work, so I installed some different ones today let me know what yall think.
103_0330.jpg

Back