4th Gen VERY SAFE and don't drive tired!!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4th Gen VERY SAFE and don't drive tired!!!

WOW! Yes, Ford does build a very safe vehicle! I rolled and wrecked an 06 F150 SuperCrew lifted 4x4 and walked away with bumps n bruises. Wish my wreck was from being tired and not drunk. Oh well, hell of a way to learn a lesson. Get ya another and keep moving forward sir.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

glad your ok but sorry bout ur explorer

This I would like to know!

I'm not sure. From what I remember when I woke up driving in the ditch I thought I need to get outta here then I hit the Culver pipe/driveway the ass went up and I thought the X is gone and I'm along for the ride. Then I remember being on the side. From what I saw after I got out, I cartwheeled mm about 30ft in the air then nose planted then some how landed on pass side about 15 20ft from nose plant. So maybe full barrel roll? I had to pull front bumper outta the dirt, it was buried a bit. I'm not sure WTF happened lol

Any update on a replacement vehicle or replacement Explorer?

That'll bang out.

ford makes super safe cars. in 00 when the focus first came out my brother bought one and during a late night ride home from dropping off his gf he fell asleep and crashed into a freeway overpass at over 60mph. the car crunched so hard the battery ended up on the dash but he walked away from the crash. he then bought the same focus as a replacement and a year later a guy in a corvette and a guy on a hyabusa motorcycle were racing in the opposing lanes my brother was driving in and the corvette lost control and hit my brother head on. the guy on the motorcycle was mixed into the crash and didnt make it and the guy in the vette also had serious injuries but my brother again walked away. in 03 i needed to buy a little car to handle my long commutes. guess what kind of car i bought!? a ford focus! i year after that, my sister was in her 99 mustang gt making a left turn with her friends to see a movie and they were t boned by a drunk driver. he hiit them right on the rear left wheel so hard the rear axle flew off and they had to use the jaws of life to get my sister and her friends out, and my sister only suffered broken ribs and a broken wrist. thats why i have a personal bias for fords. super safe to say the least!

The full frame must have done its job on your Ex.
What was the speed? 35MPH? More?
It would be good to know. From your story it sounds like a hefty front impact followed by a flipower... So the impact on the roof must have been quite fierce.

Would be good if you could let us know the approximate speed if you recall any...

Glad to see you're well!

This kind of accident is often fatal in older SUVs, they don't have same roof strength as gen4 Explorer.

I'm a little late to the party, but glad to hear you made it out okay.

I can't tell you how many times I've almost fell asleep at the wheel and if it wasn't for those rumble strips...:roll:

What I do now is if I feel I need some shut eye, I take an off-ramp and relax for 15 min of so and I'm good to go. It's better to be late where you are going than to not show up at all...

Have you found a replacement of did I miss it?

BTW what mods did you have on this one?

Back