Baxterdown - Yours is much nicer! IMO | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Baxterdown - Yours is much nicer! IMO

cnsheets

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explemoner
Saw this at my local dealer, it belongs to one of the service techs. Personally, I don't like it, but I'm sure others will. I think that Baxterdown's is much more elegant looking.

First things I noticed:

1. Painted lower trim to match body paint color (same as Baxterdown)

2. 24" rims and tires

3. Removed roof rack bars (did not take a top down picture of the rain gutter, but they used black plugs to fill the mounting holes)

4. Painted the front plastic trim piece that fills the front rain gutter at the windshield where the roof rails would normally be

5. Tinted rear light housings

6. Tinted front windows

7. Shorter antenna

8. Removed XLT emblem

9. Interior was stock XLT

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1939.jpg

IMG_1941.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not bad, probably would look better with 22's. Are those Vossen wheels?

I like the roof rack removed.

Not bad, probably would look better with 22's. Are those Vossen wheels?

When I go back to the dealership to pick up my EX, I'll try to get a better pickture of the wheels, I believe the center cap has a name or logo.

The lower painted panels, did they snad the plastic smooth, or simply paint it to match the body color? I do like the uni-color between the body and trim and LOVE baxterdown's Ex.

Hey cnsheets, thanks for the compliment!!! WOW! I had never actually seen someone else who had done the same thing I did.

I was definitely going for the OEM look, I took great care in painting what I interpreted would have been painted had it come like that from Ford. Hence, why the front on my Ex still has black on it. I'd love to see what the front of theirs looks like!

I notice this person's Ex has a different rear center bumper cover. They might have a trailer?

Thanks again for the cool pics!

Jose

I notice this person's Ex has a different rear center bumper cover. They might have a trailer?

Jose

Yeah, that is the cover for the trailer hitch (tow package)

I'd love to see what the front of theirs looks like!

I'll try to get a frontal view. I believe everything is painted other than the black obliques on the pillars and the black plugs used on the rain gutter.

Very sleek I like it too, but your right Baxterdown's is more OEM.

The roof rack delete does make for a very clean look though.

I think the Sport should have had the monochromatic paint scheme to make it really stand out.

I wonder about the paint adhesion to the lower plastic pieces, easy to chip maybe?

I wonder about the paint adhesion to the lower plastic pieces, easy to chip maybe?

Sgt, mine turned a year old in March and it's still intact. Absolutely perfect! :thumbsup:

Looks cool, like Bax's better

Like it a lot...Im almost 100% positive those are vossen wheels cause I've looked into those for my EX . Im not sure if i like the roof rack delete though

I like a smooth top look.

Sgt, mine turned a year old in March and it's still intact. Absolutely perfect! :thumbsup:

Did you remove each piece of plastic trim to have it painted or was it done with plastic trim left on the vehicle?

I wasnt able to get more pictures today because the employee that owns it was not there. I'll be taking the EX in next week again, so I'll try to get more pictures then.

Did you remove each piece of plastic trim to have it painted or was it done with plastic trim left on the vehicle?

Sgt, All pieces were removed. I'm so good at documenting stuff that I can't believe I didn't take pics of that! I even had the perfect chance when I had to stop by the body shop to get something out of my car one afternoon while it was being painted. By the way, that's how I discovered that the BLISS module is above the black trim line.

One of the things I REALLY like about my paint job is that we (the shop manager and I) took great care in making sure that the work was done perfectly. For example, the center black trim piece on the front was removed before the rest of the bumper was painted. Also, the reflectors were removed from the back. In short, every piece was separated and individually painted. We were also careful to not paint screws so the finished product would look OEM.

I wasnt able to get more pictures today because the employee that owns it was not there. I'll be taking the EX in next week again, so I'll try to get more pictures then.

Thanks for trying bud! :)

i would like to know the size of the wheels.. 24 x ? front/rear and the offsets front and rear.... seeing as its a staggered setup.

Baxterdown,

Where did you get this done?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back