Power Door Locks Actuate by Themselves | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power Door Locks Actuate by Themselves

jmkjmk

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Explorer
This is my first post. I've been blown away at how detailed all of the posts have been so I'm sure someone is going to be able to help. All 4 door locks on my 95 Explorer will start going up and down on their own out of the blue. It will just be sitting in the driveway and then I hear all 4 locks going. And it won't stop until I pull the fuse. Of course then the windows don't work. Can I just disconnect something and use the locks manually? I'm about to replace a lot of the suspension (hub, upper ball joint, sway bar link) and I don't want to spend a lot of money on the locks. I'm giving the Explorer to my son-in-law.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

I had the same problem a year ago. Charged the battery, problem has not returned since. Either low voltage, or coincidence, but the battery was low. Clean your cables, and charge battery with a charger, not just from the alternator. Hopefully that will eliminate your problem.

Another thing you can try. Go into owners manual, tells you how to turn off the auto lock function, then you can turn it back on again. I believe I did this too. However, old age is taking hold, and I THINK I still had to charge the battery.

Thanks for the advice. I found the sequence of steps to disable the auto lock. I'll give it a try tomorrow

Back