Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV | Page 46 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

Before:
1I.jpg

After:
collage1.jpg

I had just bought the truck for 4k with just over 100k miles on it, was just going to be a daily driver but decided to make it a capable off road vehicle. Soon you will see the transformation of this truck into the ZAPV or Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle.

This is how I got the truck.
1I.jpg

1IV.jpg

I decided to put bed liner on all of the plastic parts, and it looked good. At this point I thought I was done with the body (foolish me) I was going to settle for a good looking with minor capabilities truck.

2I.jpg

2II.jpg

2III.jpg

2IV.jpg

S7303032.jpg

I soon grew tiered of all the plastic wrapped around the truck, and the fact that the bed liner wasn’t sticking to it, so I pulled all of the plastic off and started over. I filled all of the holes left by the plastic with bondo or expanding insulation foam.

3II.jpg

3I.jpg

3III.jpg

Bed lining was applied next. The whole truck was covered (including the rear wheel well). This didn't take as long as I thought it would.

S7303454.jpg

S7303456.jpg

S7303457.jpg

S7303458.jpg

S7303459.jpg

(this is where I put bondo to fill in the divit.
S7303461.jpg

S7303463.jpg

And at last the Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV. It is the essential vehicle to use in case of a zombie outbreak, it can drive long distances, prevent rust, clime mountains, find high ground, and cover your sent from the brain eating *******s. This should not be your only plan in an zombie infestation, but you should always keep several options on the table. A vehicle would be the first step of a evacuation from an infected area. You would only want to use it to get out of a major city and make it to a relatively rural zone where you can take a high vantage point. Remember always be prepared.

collage1.jpg

S7303498.jpg

S7303485.jpg

S7303484.jpg

S7303473.jpg

EDIT: I don't have time to make rules and such for membership so if any one want to be in Team ZAPV just pick a number (except 1-3)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just wanted to bring this to the last page:

049 Reporting.

welcome back Shooey!

dave, text isn't showing up in the boxes on the forum for me. can still type and post, but can't see what I'm writing. anyone else having this problem?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

welcome back Shooey!

dave, text isn't showing up in the boxes on the forum for me. can still type and post, but can't see what I'm writing. anyone else having this problem?

yes same here last night !

TAKEN NUMBERS
OK IT HAPPENED, DOUBLES! FIGHT AMONGST YOURSELVES FOR YOUR NUMBER

nobodyspecial.....................0
2-Stripe.............................1-3
BlueMystc5.........................4
scubba.steve......................V (5)
CmdrPopNFresh....................6
Toast.................................7 - doubles
L4CX..................................7 - doubles (believe toast had first dibs)
zavaral...............................8
CCr....................................X (10)
exsport 1211.......................11
RedneckRambo....................12
Project_Exploder.................13
Keeper0311........................14
RedneckRambo's gf..............15
dersch6221992...................18 - double
wardbrandon28...................18 - double
97sprt4x4..........................19
kstrayhorn.........................20 - double
99 Yukon via CCr................XX (20) - double
Prof. Wernstrom..................24 (R.I.P 06March10)
seth247.............................25
MCD04EB...........................30
Wheels35...........................35
Pboss................................42
bloody45fsw.......................45
Shen2187...........................47
Shooey_...........................049
imfox.................................51
CCr's Mustang?....................66
alakers...............................69 - double
Xport.................................69 - double
HyperFox............................73
That911guy........................77 - double
Blazepet7...........................77 - double
97ford50x...........................88
xZombieHunterx (04 Subaru WRX) 89
xZombieHunterx (Prelude).......90 - double
Zenshu...............................90 - double
CharlieMedic.........................113
ShinySquirrelXLS...................114
93xplorer07.........................117
richy2kool...........................127
JustinLohmeyer....................131
Bruce'sexpo.........................161
Dopler174...........................174
spabula..............................213
explorer92smith....................247
technoboy 235.....................301
crowmagnum........................302
exsport 1211's wife...............311
Fordexplorer2002...................325
SouthernSAR........................373
davepeters17.......................411
Govna47............................470
98 5oh XLT.........................503
jjaganashi...........................513
95'4.0exp............................619
Navajo_powah.....................666
kidd 666.............................666 - (believe Navajo_powah had first dibs)
Willcall................................806
Xeek Reserve.......................994
Xeek Reserve.......................995
Xeek Reserve.......................996
Xeek Reserve.......................997
Xeek Reserve.......................998
Xeek..................................999
ayyno.................................1011
BigJoe1094..........................1094
Nosveten.............................1857
SnpeBane2283.....................2283
Teejay4490.........................4490
muhl5443............................5150

L4CX...................................ZAPB1 (Zombie Attack Preparedness Bus)
^you get your own special category^

SouthernSAR........................ZAPP023 (Zombie Attack Preparedness Plane)
^you get your own special category as well^

there added me into that one. theres 2 of these lists going around on this forum topic one had me the other didnt lol idk why theres 2 of them.

there added me into that one. theres 2 of these lists going around on this forum topic one had me the other didnt lol idk why theres 2 of them.

SOMEONE *cough* *cough* :p jacked the one i made off page 36 . THAT one has you on it

POST 716 on page 36

oh wow you guys got a zombie thread to

sweet the other forum im on has one to,i love zombie threads

yea i seen that one gov :) ty lol

SOMEONE *cough* *cough* :p jacked the one i made off page 36 . THAT one has you on it

POST 716 on page 36

:wavey:

Heh, my apologies. It was actually the p.38 list.

For what it's worth I updated post #898 to include all members from page 36 forward (There were a few misses, it's happens).

I would also like to back making a new thread for registering numbers. Among other reasons, it is just too rough trying to back track and find a current list.

so what do u guys all do on this zombie thread post funny pics and what not

:wavey:

Heh, my apologies. It was actually the p.38 list.

For what it's worth I updated post #898 to include all members from page 36 forward (There were a few misses, it's happens).

I would also like to back making a new thread for registering numbers. Among other reasons, it is just too rough trying to back track and find a current list.

i know. the forummotion site should help keep it all organized

welcome back Shooey!

I am wrking on trying to fix that but like I said I am am all new to this so please try to give me a little time.

I am wrking on trying to fix that but like I said I am am all new to this so please try to give me a little time.

Hey Man Its All good here

Hows it going everyone? Im back in the good ol' USA finally! nice too see that the thread is still alive an strong in my absence :D

About the other forum and facebook page and such, Im fine with anyone who wants to run it as I don't have time to keep up with all of that. The ZAPV is broke right now but hopefully will be up and running soon and shipped up to Alaska. I have new gears ready to be put in and hit the trails again.

good to see every one and have fun

Hows it going everyone? Im back in the good ol' USA finally! nice too see that the thread is still alive an strong in my absence :D

About the other forum and facebook page and such, Im fine with anyone who wants to run it as I don't have time to keep up with all of that. The ZAPV is broke right now but hopefully will be up and running soon and shipped up to Alaska. I have new gears ready to be put in and hit the trails again.

Glad To Hear Your Back !!! :usa: , And Also Glad Your Fixing The Original ZAPV !!! :salute:

Welcome back fearless leader! :D

Welcome back. if you would like to help and everything please let me know I could use every bit of help that I can get my good sir. And I know how you feel. I have been deplyed 3 time so far and willl be re-enlisting here soon. And let me say that i am sorry if my post are messed up. My tablet is going on the frize. i aint having no luck at all.

Glad to make you proud for a change. I know we are all proud of what you do. :salute:

welcome back ;)

Back