just ordered my new roof basket and i cant wait for it to come in! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

just ordered my new roof basket and i cant wait for it to come in!

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
hey fellas, ive been running a RAGE roof basket that has served me well this past year but i just upgraded to the thule M.O.A.B. basket and i cant wait for this thing to come in. ive already got the wiring and radio bezel to do the light switch mod that rebel came up with and after i get this basket on the roof, ill be looking for some aux lights to get up there.

the things i like most about this thule basket is that its much stronger than my current basket, has a betteer wind farring, and it locks onto my crossbars and is easy to mount and unmount. my current basket is a pain to get off and my roof hasnt got a decent scrubbing in a year.

it also has its own set of cross bars that can be removed and slid up and down the rails of the basket enabling you to divide loads and even attach bike or snowboard racks on top of the basket. i cant wait for this thing to come in, ill post some pics after i slap it on.

thule-moab-690xt-car-roof-baskets-lrg.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sweet, can't wait to see pictures of it installed on your Trac.

mind if I ask the price? im looking for a basket myself and id like to keep my options open

Nice! I really like the look of that! Can't wait to see it mounted

That's the one I always like but the price was scary. :eek:

It's going to look great.

Soooo....whatchya doin' with the Rage basket?

retail they go for about 375. but because im a certified thule dealer (thanks to the PT job my trac got me!) having passed my outfitter test, i got a great discount on it. theres no way i could afford to buy one at retail. im so juiced, i cant wait to see what it looks like once i get it up on the roof. ill post pics.

i think im gonna sell the rage basket. ill probably sell it for 80-100 bucks, but im not sure yet. if my sister wants it, i might just give it to her. ill let you know.

droooool

that's gonna look so good on your truck. I saw on amazon that you can get the locking cylinders (key locks) for this, is that true?

I'd do $125 for the RAGE basket just for the sake of a bidding competition

i would def be interested in sellign ti to a fellow forum member, but ive never shipped somethign quite like this and wouldnt know how to do it in a safe way. i dont even know how much it would cost to ship. ill have to look into it.

When I shipped my Yakima MegaWarrior I pulled the two ends apart and put them on top of each other to make it smaller, put the mounting brackets and lights into a small box inside the basket. Then I just ziptied the two pieces together and wrapped it in cardboard. I think it was around $30-40 to ship to La.

i would def be interested in sellign ti to a fellow forum member, but ive never shipped somethign quite like this and wouldnt know how to do it in a safe way. i dont even know how much it would cost to ship. ill have to look into it.

I would gladly pay the like new price for a used one from another member :D

hey scope, if my sister doesnt want my rage rack, and it'll only cost around 40 bucks to ship your way, id be happy to sell it to you for 120 shipped. its in perfect condition, and all the hardware is there. let me see how it goes after i get my thule and if my sister wants it or not. if not, ill let you know.

hey scope, if my sister doesnt want my rage rack, and it'll only cost around 40 bucks to ship your way, id be happy to sell it to you for 120 shipped. its in perfect condition, and all the hardware is there. let me see how it goes after i get my thule and if my sister wants it or not. if not, ill let you know.

I'll wait in line, just in case :) :thumbsup:

gotcha luke!

my order just shipped today, and while its a 3-5 day shipping eta, i have to fly out to portland for work on monday and wont be back until friday night. damnit! oh well, once i get the new rack on, ill figure out what im gonna do with my old rack.

Back