Iphone 4 update iOS 5.1.1 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Iphone 4 update iOS 5.1.1

mdjdrj7

Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
When I update my iPhone 4 to the latest 5.1.1 update last night.Upon using my ex this morning and streaming my mp3s from iPhone to mft it had no title no album anymore seen on the screen as well as you cannot control the next song from your steering wheel. So upset whats happening with all of these upgrades nowadays. Upset with apple & mft. While my sonata has no problem at all with the new iOS update.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's all a part of being on the "cutting edge" of technology. Devices get updated and then don't play nice with other devices. You'll just have to wait for ford to release an update which will hopefully come soon. It's most likely a problem in Fords programming of MFT if it still works in your Sonata. If Apple checked to make sure that everything that could interact with an iphone still worked correctly there would never be an update and you wouldn't get any new features and security holes wouldn't get fixed.

If your not experiencing the issues corrected by the update it's best to wait a few weeks before installing... Let others work out the bugs first.

When I update my iPhone 4 to the latest 5.1.1 update last night.Upon using my ex this morning and streaming my mp3s from iPhone to mft it had no title no album anymore seen on the screen as well as you cannot control the next song from your steering wheel. So upset whats happening with all of these upgrades nowadays. Upset with apple & mft. While my sonata has no problem at all with the new iOS update.

I also have the Iphone 4 with 5.1.1 update. I have no problem streaming my mp3s using Bluetooth. The title and artist are shown on the screen and I can use the steering wheel to advance to the next song.

I had the same issue. I unpaired my phone from Sync and deleted it. Repaired my phone and things were back to "normal".

I have an iPhone 4S and have not updated to new iOS version yet. Getting album art and title on the MFT screen has always been spotty for me (I would say 50%). About the same pre big MFT update as post (but pre big update, bluetooth streaming really didn't work that often so it is probably not a fair comparison). Steering wheel control works most of the time so I am a little concerned about losing that (but it will be way better than before the big MFT update where using the steering wheel to advance to the next track often killed the audio playback).

Long way of saying that it looks like YMMV. I am just happy that bluetooth streaming works with the new update (for me) because USB is still pretty buggy.

I've had this prob a million times with my 4S (can't use buttons to change songs, etc). I think it has something to do with how you shut down the car while streaming or something along those lines... havnt pinpointed it yet, but its not the update cause I'm still jailbroken on 5.0.1..... hard reset of iPhone, unpaid, delete every time works, but gets really annoying.

Back