Called dealer to get TSB's fixed. | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Called dealer to get TSB's fixed.

Okay, So I am a little concerned because we have the A-pillar issue, The tin roof issue and need the fan recall done.
Cory if you see this I have a couple of questions:
1. Can i got to any for dealer? The dealer we bought the car from is about an hour away and there is one that is a lot closer.

2. What is the policy on loaner cars because I do not know if I can give up a car for a day or two.

3. Our hood and rear hatch do not align well. there is a half inch gap difference on each side of both hood and rear hatch. Is this something I should have looked at? it almost looks like it was wrecked.

We bought new (2012 Exp. XLT)

Thanks for any input guys.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

[B said:
clackout[/B];2962250]Okay, So I am a little concerned because we have the A-pillar issue, The tin roof issue and need the fan recall done.
Cory if you see this I have a couple of questions:
1. Can i got to any for dealer? The dealer we bought the car from is about an hour away and there is one that is a lot closer.

2. What is the policy on loaner cars because I do not know if I can give up a car for a day or two.

3. Our hood and rear hatch do not align well. there is a half inch gap difference on each side of both hood and rear hatch. Is this something I should have looked at? it almost looks like it was wrecked.

We bought new (2012 Exp. XLT)

Thanks for any input guys.
Welcome clackout.:wavey:

I believe you can take you Explorer to any Ford dealership although they may wonder why you purchased from another who is further away.
I have a dealership 2 miles down the road but bought and have mine serviced at one 20 miles away because of better service.
As for a loaner it seems some members have received them and others have not. It may depend upon the dealer. Perhaps Cory can advise.
Regarding the alignment issues, I believe you will find most vehicles have this issue. Unless it is affecting the normal operation of the items, I don't think there is much that can be done except trying to realign them which may cause other problems.
FYI there is a difference of about 1/8" between on side and the other on the rear hatch on mine. A 1/2" difference would almost have one side touching the body.

Peter

Does anyone know when the TSB for brakes was released? My dealer just told me they can't help because my ex is more than 12 months old. I complained on my last visit when I had the a-pillar "fixed" but there was no TSB. Now I am expected to track these things daily so I can get my vehicle to the condition it should have been in when I got it. Like others, a $40+K vehicle that sounds rediculous, especially on the light grade of my driveway. I didn't even mention the roof noise, I suppose they would tell me that is 12 months also.

I get that things aren't perfect with all cars right out of the gate...I am not happy that when I was too busy to frequent this forum Ford seems content to tell me I have to pay to get the problem fixed.

Does anyone know when the TSB for brakes was released? My dealer just told me they can't help because my ex is more than 12 months old. I complained on my last visit when I had the a-pillar "fixed" but there was no TSB. Now I am expected to track these things daily so I can get my vehicle to the condition it should have been in when I got it. Like others, a $40+K vehicle that sounds rediculous, especially on the light grade of my driveway. I didn't even mention the roof noise, I suppose they would tell me that is 12 months also.

I get that things aren't perfect with all cars right out of the gate...I am not happy that when I was too busy to frequent this forum Ford seems content to tell me I have to pay to get the problem fixed.
Did you check the TSB thread in the stickies?

There is this one for brakes;

11-10-29 FRONT BRAKES - INTERMITTENT SQUEAL
ISSUE:
Some 2011-2012 MKS, Flex, Taurus, MKT and Explorer vehicles built between 8/10/2010 and 08/02/2011 and some 2011-2012 Taurus SHO not equipped with the Performance Package built between 8/10/2010 and 8/02/2011 may exhibit a low frequency squeal from the front brakes.

The TSB number is the release date. As long as your Ex falls within the build dates identified, most TSB's are in effect for the duration of the manufacturer's original vehicle warranty.

Peter

The TSB number is the release date. As long as your Ex falls within the build dates identified, the TSB's are in effect for the duration of the manufacturer's original vehicle warranty.

Peter

Thanks! I did check, but now I know the TSB number is the date. Warranty on brakes is 12 months. I was in prior to this date getting my a-pillar worked on.

The easy solution...ford gets this back at the end of my lease. If I decide I would have kept it (which I am leaning towards), I will simply lease another new one and buy that one at the end.

Peter,

Thanks for the input. The gaps just bother me I guess. Thats all. I will keep checking to make sure no rain is getting in the places it should not be.

The dealer/seller of the Exp. and the one this is closer are actually like sister dealers. Sam Packs Ford Lewisville and Sam Packs Five Star Ford. So I guess it should not really matter.

I will call and schedule a time to take it in.

Peter,

Thanks for the input. The gaps just bother me I guess. Thats all. I will keep checking to make sure no rain is getting in the places it should not be.

The dealer/seller of the Exp. and the one this is closer are actually like sister dealers. Sam Packs Ford Lewisville and Sam Packs Five Star Ford. So I guess it should not really matter.

I will call and schedule a time to take it in.
I think that it will still seal tightly. I discovered that the water from the roof gutter runs down the side of the vehicle body where the hatch closes and disappears under the tail light assembly to run out the bottom behind the bumper.

Peter

...The dealer replaced the clips from both sides and gave us a new left side A pillar cover because the other one got a scratch. They also filled my tank up which wasn't expected but a very nice touch. I'm happy with the service I got from them and they made it right...
I’m sorry I missed your earlier posts, MikeFreas; I’m glad your dealer took care of you.

so i still have the wind noise.... they replaced the A pillar fronts on both sides... its not as bad as it was but it is still there.
DR.J,

I wanted to check in to see if you’re still having a noise concern.

...Thanks for the input. The gaps just bother me I guess. Thats all. I will keep checking to make sure no rain is getting in the places it should not be...I will call and schedule a time to take it in.
Welcome to the forum, clackout! Like Peter mentioned, the loaner depends on the dealer. Please keep us in the loop on your appointment.

...As for a loaner it seems some members have received them and others have not. It may depend upon the dealer. Perhaps Cory can advise...
Thanks a bunch for taking the time to post that, Peter!

...My dealer just told me they can't help because my ex is more than 12 months old. I complained on my last visit when I had the a-pillar "fixed" but there was no TSB...
uniquename,

I can help by arranging a call from the Customer Service Manager in your region. So I can do this, please send a PM with your VIN, contact information, dealer name/state, and mileage.

Cory

Get used to knowing more about the TSB's than they do. I mean, it's getting a little bit annoying for a big time dealership to not have ever heard of these issues. The dealer didn't know about the "squeaky brakes" TSB and tried to charge me $95 for putting some grease on the bolts around the brake mechanism. All for an 11 month old car. It's funny, my grandma's 1986 Chevy Celebrity never has squeaky brakes, but yet my brand new car does. I also told them about the Rain Noise TSB and they said it would have to be duplicated in order to be fixed. I lost my cool and told them to LOOK IT UP!!!! Geeeesh.

Get used to knowing more about the TSB's than they do. I mean, it's getting a little bit annoying for a big time dealership to not have ever heard of these issues. The dealer didn't know about the "squeaky brakes" TSB and tried to charge me $95 for putting some grease on the bolts around the brake mechanism. All for an 11 month old car. It's funny, my grandma's 1986 Chevy Celebrity never has squeaky brakes, but yet my brand new car does. I also told them about the Rain Noise TSB and they said it would have to be duplicated in order to be fixed. I lost my cool and told them to LOOK IT UP!!!! Geeeesh.
I don't think we should be too hard on the dealers/service personel. Don't forget that we are concentrating on one vehicle while a dealer/service techs deal with many different ones all the time. I don't think that I would be able to keep everything straight either. Last time I was in for service, one of the two service advisors told me that after I spoke with the other one on the phone earlier that week, that it seems "the customer knows more about TSB's than we do". I have had great service at that small dealership.
For your info, the current Escape also has squeaky brake problems.

Peter

I don't think we should be too hard on the dealers/service personel. Don't forget that we are concentrating on one vehicle while a dealer/service techs deal with many different ones all the time. I don't think that I would be able to keep everything straight either. Last time I was in for service, one of the two service advisors told me that after I spoke with the other one on the phone earlier that week, that it seems "the customer knows more about TSB's than we do". I have had great service at that small dealership.
For your info, the current Escape also has squeaky brake problems.

Peter

I realize that, but with the company I work for, we get constant communication about updates or upgrades that are available. TSB's come out all the time and sure you won't know all of them, but don't make me feel like I don't know what i am talking about when I tell you about it. I know this isn't a TSB, but how in the world does a Ford dealership not know about the MFT update. You would think MFT is a big endeavor that Ford is putting out there, and any update or whatever that went on with it would be a pretty big deal. I had to get Ford Customer Service on the line to tell them what to do and that yes, the customer was right. I even brought them in the info that Ford sent to me and they asked me multiple times that I had to wait for my USB thumb drive to come in (which it said in the paperwork, THEY had to do the update because I wasn't getting a USB stick). Obviously the communication isn't flowing right somewhere. I have heard this from too many people on this forum; things need to change with Ford's internal training and communications.

I heard today from a local Ford tech that getting schooled on new vehicles and technology is an individual effort on the part of the Tech. They're encouraged to take both on-line and in-person classes and Ford seems to offer a lot of them in both formats. The motivation is supposed to be increasing personal productivity to make more money under flat rate - ie, if you know more about what you're working on, you'll likely fix it faster and more fixes = more money per shift.

So, all of that said, I would agree that Ford should push their dealerships a little harder to encourage their Techs to train up. The technology is changing more rapidly in this industry than ever before and unless the individual Ford Techs motivate and educate themselves, they may just get run over by it. :(

...I also told them about the Rain Noise TSB and they said it would have to be duplicated in order to be fixed...
Smoktya,

I have your Explorer’s info from previous messages, so shoot me a PM and I’ll be happy to arrange a call from the Customer Service Manager in your area.

Cory

.......I also told them about the Rain Noise TSB and they said it would have to be duplicated in order to be fixed. I lost my cool and told them to LOOK IT UP!!!! Geeeesh.
Your dealer seems to be one of the few that needs that one duplicated. I mentioned that TSB to my service advisor and they were more than happy to schedule an appointment to do it. Since reading all the posts on this site about that TSB, I have decided to hold off for now.

Peter

uniquename,

I can help by arranging a call from the Customer Service Manager in your region. So I can do this, please send a PM with your VIN, contact information, dealer name/state, and mileage.

Cory

I appreciate it Cory. No need, I went a similar direction already. I'll reach out of I need you to find me someone higher up the food chain.

Smoktya,

I have your Explorer’s info from previous messages, so shoot me a PM and I’ll be happy to arrange a call from the Customer Service Manager in your area.

Cory

Thanks Cory, but I am going to hold off for now. Seems like I should wait until they complete a few of them before i bring mine in. Every time i go to the dealership, it sounds like I am the only person bringing their Explorer in for this unique servicing of the TSB's. I want them to at least do a few before I have mine done. thanks for the help though, I do appreciate it.

I appreciate it Cory. No need, I went a similar direction already. I'll reach out of I need you to find me someone higher up the food chain.
Thanks Cory, but I am going to hold off for now...thanks for the help though, I do appreciate it.
uniquename & Smoktya,

You’re welcome; sounds like a plan.

Cory

Your dealer seems to be one of the few that needs that one duplicated. I mentioned that TSB to my service advisor and they were more than happy to schedule an appointment to do it. Since reading all the posts on this site about that TSB, I have decided to hold off for now.

Peter

I mentioned it to mine as well (TSB for Tin noise) and they said that they cannot find it. What is curious is that I provided the print-out with the information to them when I dropped of the car. They are still "researching" it.

When I was talking to the one service tech, he was like "all my cars have done that" - not the answer I wanted to hear to be honest.

Hope they can find it and give me a call. Glad you are having better luck :)

uniquename,

Cory

Just a quick note. Dealer called me. The got my explorer like five hours ago and got busy. Brakes, fan, oil change, MFT upgrade and a wash....all done.

Now I just have to drive the school bus (E350 15 passenger van) rental back and see how it went.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Hope they can find it and give me a call. Glad you are having better luck :)
I’m confident the dealer will take care of you, fryguy_pa.

...Now I just have to drive the school bus (E350 15 passenger van) rental back and see how it went.
Thanks for keeping us in the loop, uniquename.

Cory

Back