Highest mileage on 06 and up Explorers (over 100K miles) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Highest mileage on 06 and up Explorers (over 100K miles)

denolore - Welcome and congrats on the mega miles. Still on original radiator?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

06 V8 154,000 miles

I bought it with 66,000 miles. I don't know if they replaced the radiator, but I have never had any issues with the radiator.

I bought my 06 Ltd with 22K miles in 07 now has about 108K. Used as a daily driver and tows my 8,000 boat whenever I take it out. I had the exhaust leak (ticking sound on start up), wheel bearings, cheapo Ford batteries replaced twice, timing or cam timing chain replaced and radio/CD changer all done under the ext warranty. I have the blend door actuator noise when it is cold for years too. The trans blew a line because missing O ring once and one time started to shift like it was going bad (wrench symbol lit on dash) but I think they reprogrammed the computer. I have had the hard 1st shift problem off and on and the dealership only response is a $100 reprogram that doesn't cure it for long. This thing has gone through 1 full brake job (pads/rotors) and is due now at $800 a pop at the stealership.

I bought my 08 xlt in august with 84,000. Since then I've got it up to 101500.

'06 Eddie Bauer V6 w/151k

My dad's '06 Eddie Bauer V6 4WD has about 151400 miles on it. We bought it in November of '07 with 38000 miles and we've driven it ever since.
So far, we're on our second rear axle, fourth radiator (one damaged in a wreck), second front clip, and second tailgate. Only real problem is the exhaust leak, but that cures itself after a couple of minutes and we've lived with it for about a year. And, a few months ago, a solenoid in the transmission failed, causing the truck to be stuck in third gear.
Even with all that, I'm still proud to say that I'll be learning how to drive on that thing. Shoot ... I might even buy it off of him when I get my license.

Edit (27 July 2013): 178500 miles and haven't replaced a radiator since the wreck. :D

Edit (3 Oct 2014): 197k and she's STILL going. Don't know all he's done with it since last edit, though. Wonder when my dad's gonna get a new rig, and if he's gonna let me take the old one off his hands. I guess I've gotta shorten the Tahoe's lifespan a bit, if you get my drift.

2007-4.6 EB w/108,000 miles. Replaced Left Front wheels bearings at 45,000 miles, now I will be replacing the right fronts. Best car I've ever had.

I have an 06 V6 with 136,500 miles on it. Nothing major up to this point except for recently. I'm hearing a clunking sound at low speeds and can feel it in my steering column as well. Not sure what it is. I know I need new tires and alignment but don't want to get abused by a shop....any suggestions on what that noise may be? (I am not a mechanic by any means...so dumb it down as much as possible). I'm just sick of over paying for crap and hoping I can attempt it on my own..

Bought 2006 Expl. LTD 4x4 last week. 110 K miles with poor maintenance and some slight of hand at the dealership. We have had 2 Explorers before (1991 and 1997).
We bought this to replace a Saturn tow car so we need to upgrade the condition of the whole vehicle.
Service needed at this time;
New lifter
Just replaced 4 TPMS (one twice)
Front wheel bearings
Rear wheel bearings
E-brake linings
Tranny service
Still glad we bought it!

Back