New MFT version issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New MFT version issues

Rial

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer XLT 4WD 2011
I installed the new version (3.0.2) a while ago, and it seemed to work better. However, a few days ago, the USB stopped responding. I pulled F29, and worked again.

Last night, it failed again. Radio was on all the time, could not turn it off. Tried to switch to USB. Screen changed to USB, song appeared to be playing but the radio was thru the speakers instead. Went off the car, closed it with the remote control and the radio was still on!!!!

Pulled F29 again, and it went back to normal. However, today it happened again. Pulled F29 once again a few minutes ago. (Actually, I am getting good at it, as I do not need to be looking or twisting myself to do the pull/plug process now...).

Will see how it goes now, but IMHO this is not good...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I installed the new version (3.0.2) a while ago, and it seemed to work better. However, a few days ago, the USB stopped responding. I pulled F29, and worked again.

Last night, it failed again. Radio was on all the time, could not turn it off. Tried to switch to USB. Screen changed to USB, song appeared to be playing but the radio was thru the speakers instead. Went off the car, closed it with the remote control and the radio was still on!!!!

Pulled F29 again, and it went back to normal. However, today it happened again. Pulled F29 once again a few minutes ago. (Actually, I am getting good at it, as I do not need to be looking or twisting myself to do the pull/plug process now...).

Will see how it goes now, but IMHO this is not good...

Besides pulling the fuse, have you tried a master reset? You should combine that with a fuse pull and see if that fixes your issues.

Besides pulling the fuse, have you tried a master reset? You should combine that with a fuse pull and see if that fixes your issues.

I do a master reset before the fuse, the only thing it does is disconnect the phone...

I have a 16 GB pendrive (have used it for months, with the older version as well). I just downloaded the reboot software, will try it if needed.

Question on that. I need to copy the following files in the root directory, right?

ReadMe.txt (well, probably not needed...)
DelayedReboot.cab
autoinstall.lst

I have a 16 GB pendrive (have used it for months, with the older version as well). I just downloaded the reboot software, will try it if needed.

Question on that. I need to copy the following files in the root directory, right?

ReadMe.txt (well, probably not needed...)
DelayedReboot.cab
autoinstall.lst

That's odd. I don't know what else you can do besides a fuse pull, master reset, disconnect the battery, or the reboot software. If you try all of those and it continues to do it, I would imagine you need to make a service appointment with the Ford Dealership.

Yes. I have all 3 files on the root directory on the memory stick I'm using. The txt file is not needed, but it's on there anyway. Make sure you have nothing else on the memory stick when you try the reboot software.

Thanks for the useful and fast replies.

I think the problems that the MFT system has are unbelievable.

With the previous version, I had the APIM module replaced after the dealer did an update to the system and I got the languages out of sync between the main screen and the two smaller ones (I really do not think the APIM had any issues, just messed up software). Then even with the update the system still fails. It even is a potential hazard issue, as at least I tend to get anxious and focus on the damned thing instead of the road when it is behaving weird...

Too much time at the dealer, installing updates, resetting and writing about it...

Back