Pecan interior fail | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pecan interior fail

W

w1kedz

I feel seriously sorry for the people ordering Pecan interior by looking at the website. What a shock when it must be when the vehicle arrives.

pecan.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford's website is terribad at reproducing any of the actual colors. Actually all car websites are terrible at it. Just goes to show, there's no such thing as too much research. Always see the color with your own eyes before buying.

I think the pecan interior is pretty awesome, personally. :)

I think the pecan interior is pretty awesome, personally. :)

I don't "dislike" it... but I think it should be called Burnt Orange, not pecan. I also really like the more mocha color of the website, I wish that was an actual color option.

Pecan is very cool. Many compliments are bestowed on our car.

Wow- bad color reproduction can't really save that- that's not even remotely close... If I was expecting an almost brownish-black, I could see where that may provide some stress... :)

Yeah man.. I was thinking about ordering a new Ex w/ that color, I love the look of the chocolate style picture... I would have been furious if I had gone through that.

This isn't to say the that actual color isn't cool, just that it isn't what you'd expect after seeing the picture on the site :)

In January 2011, we had to call around to several dealers to see if anyone had a new Explorer on their lot that we could test drive. We finally found one and excitedly rushed out there only to be horrified when we opened the door and saw the Pecan interior. The car had all the other features we were looking for (and we knew if we didn't buy that one, we would have to wait many months for one to be built) but there was no way we could live with THAT. So.... glad we waited!

I have the golden bronze with the pecan interior and i get tons of compliments!!!! Its not orange color like the web site makes it look like. So if you dont like it and have not seen it in person don't knock it and if you have seen it and don't like it well all i can say is thats is why the world is full of colors !! Pick the one you like :)

I don't "dislike" it... but I think it should be called Burnt Orange, not pecan...
...I think the pecan interior is pretty awesome, personally. :)
Pecan is very cool. Many compliments are bestowed on our car.
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the feedback on the colors. It’s safe to say, seeing a color in person makes a difference. :)

For new ideas, check out Social.Ford.com and submit them in the “YOUR IDEAS” section. Be sure to get the submission link and post it here so others can comment and rate. :D

...Here is a real picture of my interior.. Pecan is very sharp...
You’re right, blwnsmoke; I’m lovin’ that Pecan pic!

and while we are at it. Here's what Kodiak Brown should look like...
jw2013explorer,

I would’ve liked that shopping sans the “Comic Sans”. ;)

Seriously though, I’ve been keeping a close eye on your order for movement!

Cory

Reminds me of the "King Ranch" interiors on the Super Duty pickups. I love it...and got it!

I also really like the more mocha color of the website, I wish that was an actual color option.

Yeah, I like the look of that darker color also :)

I love the pecan interior..if I was getting an Explorer that is the interior color I would get.

Looks like this thread has been edited.... Hmmmm.... :confused: :dunno:

I had the same reaction when I first saw the web site pic, but I was able to see a pecan interior at another local dealer before deciding. My pecan is actually between the two, not orange but not totally dark brown either...

Have gotten numerous compliments on the two tone interior with pecan. I think it looks sharp, but even the dealer could not describe the color so I found a car at another dealership to see first hand before ordering!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back