Crucially Important! Fan Assembly/Motors, Lets Talk! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Crucially Important! Fan Assembly/Motors, Lets Talk!

Randys1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 explorer
I am having the entire system replaced in mine, or the fan assembly and an update to the computer.

I wont tolerate it happening a 2nd time without a complete mental breakdown where I am likely to drive the car off a cliff, so here is my question,

Do we know of, have we heard of anyone getting the fix, as I am doing and THEN having issues STILL?

If so, even just one case, I will be looking to get rid of my vehicle immediately, which will be fun as it is a lease.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

3,000 miles since the fix. All OK. (Ecoboost 2.0) And 26 mpg NC to Wisconsin and back.

I had my fans replaced last July and the computer re-flashed for the fan program this spring. No problems with it since the fans were replaced.

I don't recall seeing anyone on here ever post that they had another overheat condition after having them replaced since the tsb was released.

Never had the issue; had the connector SB done and all is OK. We'll miss you.

Had all that done a few weeks ago. Went on a trip a couple days ago, not too long but LOTS of traffic. All was well!!!

thanks guys, lets keep this thread open or active to see if anyone reports any problems

thanks

thanks guys, lets keep this thread open or active to see if anyone reports any problems

thanks
I'm quite sure that I read that at least one member if not more, had to replace fans a second time. That was a while ago.

Peter

I'm quite sure that I read that at least one member if not more, had to replace fans a second time. That was a while ago.

Peter
yes peter, i know u wanna get rid of me, believe me, i dont want to be here

Peter

I think he was more referring to after the service bulletin.

yes peter, i know u wanna get rid of me, believe me, i dont want to be here
Heck no. If everyone was happy and content all the time, this Forum wouldn't be as interesting.
I hope that your problem gets resolved and that the Ex begins to function as it should.

Peter

Had mine replaced before 600 miles early 2011 build before they even knew they had a problem. 13,000 miles later no problems. Just had the update done also.....

Heck no. If everyone was happy and content all the time, this Forum wouldn't be as interesting.
I hope that your problem gets resolved and that the Ex begins to function as it should.

Peter

LOL, I think I would be willing to take the chance... :D

^ I wouldn't doubt that for a second :)

Back