My 2013 Boosted Blue Limited Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2013 Boosted Blue Limited Explorer

Gatortailale

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Reston, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Sport
Picked up my car at the dealer yesterday. Very excited. So far she has already experienced a rain storm, and a bird has also marked my ride.
:burnout:

So far in quick connect and test my Droid Razr Maxx is playing well with the MFT. My daughter loves the ambient lighting. :thumbsup: Will get some more experience up later.

Track fuel MPG

:chug:

Few quick photos:

DSC_5337a.jpg

DSC_5335a.jpg

DSC_5336a.jpg

DSC_5339.jpg

DSC_5338a.jpg

:party:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very, very nice Craig. Congratulations. I hope everything turns out well in her 'shake down' runs.
I was going to mention that you had to update your profile since the Ex is no longer on order but I see you just did that.
Happy motoring.

Peter

You Lucky Daug ...

If that color was any more eye-catching it’d have to wear a radiation hazard placard.
IMHO, those wheels look much more Ex appropriate than the optional 20” units. Enjoy that new car smell - Kudos & Congrats !

:thumbsup:

@ Peter ... Thank you for the comments! Looking forward to putting a few miles on it. Got about a 350 mile each way road trip next weekend. Can't wait to see how she does.

@grrtrainman ... The color is growing on me more and more. Like all the metalics, shifts in color with sun. Some points in the day it will look dark blue like my old wagon; other periods it gets up to a shade of purple. So far in Northern VA/DC Metro area I have not seen any other Blue's on the road; but did see an '11 or '12 on the road a month ago.

Can see wife's/ our '08 Escape Hybrid in background of one of the photos. SUV Ford family lol. Replaced a 2001 Taurus wagon.

If that color was any more eye-catching it’d have to wear a radiation hazard placard.
IMHO, those wheels look much more Ex appropriate than the optional 20” units. Enjoy that new car smell - Kudos & Congrats !

Those look like the same 20" wheels that I have on my 2011 Limited. Were the optional 20" wheels different?

Peter

I was referring to the optional 20" polished wheels.

I don't think any of the wheels have changed from 2011 to 2013!

I was referring to the optional 20" polished wheels.

I don't think any of the wheels have changed from 2011 to 2013!
Okay, I understand now. Something has changed on the 2013. I use the base model 17" steel wheels for Winter and when I was at the dealer a couple of weeks ago, the parts manager said that I would not be able to do that with the 2013. He then got busy and I was unable to get a clarrification as to exactly what he meant. I think it was that I won't be able to use those 17s on a 2013 Limited.

Peter

I have that things twin this week in an ecoboost xlt. Nice when you know where everything on a rental is :)

Something about those polished wheels I like.... Nice color! We have one at our store, but the rough winters up here show the fine scratches too much so I went with the platinum white. Our lot vehicle has fine scratches from snow brushed.

I have the standard 20" wheels on my limited. I like them much more than the polished ones. Plus they stay cleaner longer.

Looks like my XLT but I have the polished 20 inchers.

Looks real nice and you will find it to be a head turner.

Fyi if you need touch up paint and you will get dings, the paint code j4 is not offered under the 13 ex but is listed under the 2013 escape right now. I needed to touch up one spot on a door edge that I have no idea how it got chipped. Paintscratch.com is where I got my touch up pin and they mix it to order first.

Now back to happier thoughts, enjoy that car.;)

Congrats fellow BLUE Ex owner. Looks good! :cool:

Congrats and very nice Gatortailale, i live in Woodbridge, we have to get together one weekend.....

Picked up my car at the dealer yesterday. Very excited...Few quick photos:...
Craig,

Yowza! What a gorgeous set of wheels; congrats! :dpchug:

...I was going to mention that you had to update your profile since the Ex is no longer on order but I see you just did that...
I was just checking for the same thing, Peter. :D

If that color was any more eye-catching it’d have to wear a radiation hazard placard....
You can say that again, grrtrainman. :)

Cory

@ Kjeffery & bluex232 - thanks. This color is sick ... and I love it more each day I see it outside the house. :D

@ wikidhd - sounds like a fun day and start of something cool. I'll send you a pm in next week or so when things slow down a bit with family obligations.

Thanks Cory for the complement on the ride ... and for all your status updates and keeping me in the know on build date and ship date. :thumbsup:

In my view, the painted wheels look great with the blue color & I also like the 5-spoke look. To each their own. :smoke:

...Thanks Cory for the complement on the ride ... and for all your status updates and keeping me in the know on build date and ship date. :thumbsup:...
You got it, Craig! How many “head turns” have you seen so far? :D

Cory

That's a great color:chug:

Congrats Craig. You got her on solid food yet? I am still wating for the first ultrasound as soon as I get my VIN.

Congratulations!! That color is awesome :)

Gotta ask...Was it worth the wait? :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congratulations!! That color is awesome :)

Gotta ask...Was it worth the wait? :D

You bet. And now so happy I upgraded to Limited. Loving extra features and the Sony sound. First road trip tomorrow. :D

Back