• Register Today It's free!

Money no object..need hid kit

Chrism79

Reaction score
City, State
Nassau
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
Hey guys, want a hid kit to replace low's and fog. searched alot of forums and went to alot a hid kit websites. found that prices vary from $30 to $150 a kit. should i buy relay harness, not sure which brand to get. looking for 8000 color. Those of you who have hid kit what is your experience on what works and what dosent, and what brand should i buy.

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i've had DDM tuning hid's for almost 2 years now. the color was 8k but has washed out to maybe 6k now. i think i paid $25 a set back then. Definitely worth the money. the ballast boxxes have survived two winters and being submerged in mud pits :thumbsup:

Are ddms the best? no. But for the price point they cant be beat. I have 3 sets in my truck, one in my other car, and my friend has 2 in his car. They have lasted me about 2 years and I cant complain. As kazer said the bulb colors do get washed out after a while but bulbs are cheap so its not a big issue.

I recently put in 5000k and am very pleased. Just an fyi, the 55W ballasts wash out some of the color of the bulb due to the higher output.

those are supposedly very good but the price is hefty compared to ddm.

Title of the thread says...

I have heard good things about DDM as well and wanted to provide another option for the OP;)

thanks for the input guys. i have read alot on the ddm tuning hid kit. seems that alot of people have them and have no complaints. as the title says money no object, but i have no experience with hid kits so will go with the ddm since you guys have experienced them and they seem to be great.

thanks

Here's another decents site-

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php?cPath=24

I have no experience with any, so no help to offer:(

I do have experience with TRS and many other kits. I think TRS kits are best I've used. Don't just do HID. Do the projector retrofit too. TRS has everything you need and great support.

Check out hidplanet.com for all things HID. TRS is well represented there.

I just installed my first set of ddm HID's in my lows just probably a week ago. No complaints about the price I paid, Only downside is I'm having a really hard time getting one of the two bulbs to start up and stay running, it takes some paitence to get it going but it does and runs fine when it's on. But ddm is really good about their product, just going to send it back and get a new one. Either than that I really like the set, I went with 5k though.

I do have experience with TRS and many other kits. I think TRS kits are best I've used. Don't just do HID. Do the projector retrofit too. TRS has everything you need and great support.

Check out hidplanet.com for all things HID. TRS is well represented there.

x2 on this one...trs is the best and great customer service...youre better off retrofitting a projector inside the headlights...and since money isnt an option you have a lot of options with the hid retrofits...goodluck :thumbsup:

Vvme.com

i see that you are in naussau if you are ordering from ddm expect delivery to be 2 weeks. I dont know why but ddm has an account with a china shipping company and the last two times i ordered them they shipped from china and took forever.

there are millions of companies out there and i use all ddm and krypton bulbs.

If you want them quick go to http://www.kryptonbulbs.com/HID-kits/HID-Kits/Automotive-single-beam-HID-kit

and they are in ny and they will be there alot faster then ddm. DDM has lifetime warranty though :)

Thanks for all the input, decided on ddm and will look at kryptonbulbs.com for faster service. i chose ddm because someone wants to buy my x now and dont want to make the price to high for them.

Back