Help in need of a 8.8 limitedslip carrier | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help in need of a 8.8 limitedslip carrier

redrocket1468

Reaction score
City, State
greenville
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 limited 4in.sus3in.bod
Need help!!!! Im in need of a 8.8 limitedslip carrier . I purchased one a while back and my dad hauled some scrap metal off along with my limitedslip carrier on accident. It was destroyed at scrap yard was wondering if someone had one there not using that is in good shape any help would be appreciated thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will be replacing the stock axle (limited slip 3.73) from my 94 explorer hopefully in the next couple days. I think the gears are messed up but I haven't pulled the cover to check it out yet.

Do you need gears too or just the carrier?

Need carrier and spyder gears

cloaked chaos let me know how they turnout

I have one that's been sitting on a shelf for a couple of years. PM if interested.

Today I finally swapped out my axle for a 2nd gen explorer axle with disc brakes. I bought some spring perches today from 4wheelparts, then went to a buddy's shop and he welded them on for me. I did the complete axle swap in the parking lot of my apartment complex.

I'll pop open the cover of the other axle tomorrow to check the condition of the gears.

I looked at the one I have today. Spider gears are fine, a little surface rust on the carrier, nothing major, and I have 3.73 gears sitting there too. I'll let you have it $25 + shipping for the carrier.

I looked at the one I have today. Spider gears are fine, a little surface rust on the carrier, nothing major, and I have 3.73 gears sitting there too. I'll let you have it $25 + shipping for the carrier.

Sounds like a good deal. Do u know a round about number of what shipping would be

Back