• Register Today It's free!

'12 Explorer custom hoods?

jammerdave

Reaction score
City, State
West Sacramento
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer
Anybody know if there are any aftermarket hoods available? Just got a 2012 as a special project vehicle where I work, and we are going to do a lot of custom work to it. Looking specifically towards a cowl induction type hood. We're modeling this one after another we have in the company on the east coast (different vehicle though). I haven't been able to find anything on the net anywhere. We have a local custom body shop that could do it, but I thought I'd check with you folks first. The hood is mostly for "tricked out/bling" purposes.

Thanks,

dave
:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Custom only.

West Sac!

I believe one of the builds at the Sema show has a custom hood. Don't know about anything in production, though. I'm in West Sac as well, so I'll be watching this thread closely. If you need a guinea pig lemme know :D . Please post pics up of the progress! Good luck!

I believe one of the builds at the Sema show has a custom hood. Don't know about anything in production, though. I'm in West Sac as well, so I'll be watching this thread closely. If you need a guinea pig lemme know :D . Please post pics up of the progress! Good luck!

OK, I'll post pics of the vehicle after we're done with it. I gotta keep it a secret for now, for reasons I'll explain later when I post the pix...

OK, I'll post pics of the vehicle after we're done with it. I gotta keep it a secret for now, for reasons I'll explain later when I post the pix...

Man, now I can't wait! Don't often see custom stuff being done locally. Usually have to go to the bay area.

Keep us posted, in Fairfield, just a little more west!

Cool..... There was someone else on the forum asking about the fender side vents....Are those just stick on or actually cut into the fender?

They're real. A local mod shop did them & the scoop for us.

df

Cool..... There was someone else on the forum asking about the fender side vents....Are those just stick on or actually cut into the fender?

I just luv 'non functional' fake stuff! :thumbdwn: :rolleyes:
Should put it on the roof, now there's a look!!!! :D

Yeah, the hood on these new exploders is just a pain in the arse to deal with, and it's not really long enough. The depression in the middle of it is kinda hard to work around, so they found us one that sorta straddles it. Looks great, but it's just bling...

Ok

What wheels were used on this?

Eagle Wheels Series 050

Yup,
They are American Eagle # 050. They look great, but were not my first choice. My other choices were not available in the correct offset for this vehicle.

The tires are just the stock ones that came with the vehicle.

dave :D

Back