2 inch lift on 93 X-pics? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2 inch lift on 93 X-pics?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did any of you guys need Any other supporting mods for the 2 in lift..like brake lines or caster/ camber kits. ( I'm new to the whole off road scene)

2" is max with the "stock" equipment, you'll want an alignment afterwards to help with the positive camber

thanks alot ...beautiful trucks my the way

What year f 150 did u get that coil seat from?

I pulled my spacers from a 96 2wd at the junk yard and i built my own shackles.

Nice looking ride.

Skyjacker coils, shackles, & 31's, I regret selling her a few years ago.
1994.jpg

All you did was Skyjacker coils up font? Do you happen to remember what the added length was? 1.5" or 4" is all Skyjacker offers right now.

I'm not a big off road'er. More like fire road, and all I'm looking to do is add 31's and get a little more ground clearance and your ride looks perfect.

Off topic, where did you get that really cool spot light?

-Bruce

here is mine when it was a 2" lift (92 )

front 2" lift puck and full length add a leaf rear

sitting on 31 10,50 pro comp

IMG00032-20110814-1132.jpg

IMG00032-20110814-1132.jpg

with 31" procomps

2" Puck up front stock springs
2" add a leaf rear (******* pack )

Question, questions

here is mine when it was a 2" lift (92 )

front 2" lift puck and full length add a leaf rear

I have the same model year and color. You say, a 2" puck. Does that go on top of the springs? I'm sure it must. Were did you get it?

Also, a full length add a leaf. I didn't know they made full length AAL's. Would you mind sharing where yoe got that as well?

Bruce

No, the coil spacer or puck goes under the springs. If you look at the upper and lower spring perch you will see why.

yes it goes on the bottom of the spring, my was off a jeep xj and it worked , took a little coaxing to fit in the spring but it worked fine

2 inches on the trail. Love CO

Attachments

• ex.jpg
    ex.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 2,077

Skyjacker coils, shackles, & 31's, I regret selling her a few years ago.
1994.jpg

I have this same exact vehicle. What exactly did you do to lift it? I already have 31 inch tires on it.

32" KMII's no rub'n
IMG_20131109_165918_zps63f746fc.jpg

Just pucks on the front, but the rear has 2" add-a-leaf warrior shackles and air lifts.
( I carry minimum 500lb load at all times for work and a least that for trips. compensate the load with the air)

On the front I'm run'n RS5000 shocks,,, RS9000 won't spec that short. If they would I'd run the 9000's, the 5000's are a bit soft for the big holes but they work fine and ride excellent on the highway...fair trade

32" KMII's no rub'n
IMG_20131109_165918_zps63f746fc.jpg

Just pucks on the front, but the rear has 2" add-a-leaf warrior shackles and air lifts.
( I carry minimum 500lb load at all times for work and a least that for trips. compensate the load with the air)

On the front I'm run'n RS5000 shocks,,, RS9000 won't spec that short. If they would I'd run the 9000's, the 5000's are a bit soft for the big holes but they work fine and ride excellent on the highway...fair trade

Which RS5000 series are you running? They offer a few different ones. RS5274 for the rear and RS5128 for the front I believe, they run about $45 a piece.

Hey crisman889

Mine are Rancho suspension part # 5039.

I had them spec'd at Four Wheeler's Supply.

bump-to-droop with .5" to spare at each end. 14" travel at the hub.

I think this is the shortest shock they make.

I plan to go 2" more on the front with some super runner springs I found at the same shop. After that I'll go with the RS7000 for a test drive and see if the RS9000's make sense.

I believe the part #'s are associated with the length.

So I guess you can use mine as a good spec for 2" pucks on an explorer since I had them physically checked for proper travel at a shop.

Amazon has the 5039's::
http://www.amazon.com/Rancho-Suspension-5039-5000-SHOCK/dp/B003TQ3SBK

Nice truck FR-425! Jason's ride is sweet as well.

I'll have to be content driving my rusty bucket, while I wish mine looked as nice as these two!

Thanks,

They should do a "Truck of the month" theme:

"The biggest rust hole but still runs"

I could see the front drive shaft through the floor of one I used to drive.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back