2000 Expedition Xlt 4x4 140k Miles | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Expedition Xlt 4x4 140k Miles

Bruces expo

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Middle GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Mazda Navajo
Well Here Are A Few Pics From When I Got It , And Beside My Navajo !
DSCF6204.jpg

DSCF6210.jpg

DSCF6211.jpg

DSCF6212.jpg

Yes That's A 1953 Ford F-100 In The Background , That's My Restoration Project to My Dad-Rip Pops !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

42 Views and no Response , Was Hoping to hear From a Few People Thinking it was worth it , It Seems Worth 3700-4000 with its mileage and Being in Good Shape for the Age

Thanks Skyjumper ! , And Nice Expedition ! , Just went through your build thread

Well I'm Going To Look at it , He's Asking 4000 But it will need two rear tires and the Actual Mirror for The Pass Side Outside Mirror , Other Than That It Seems good To Go , Will keep Everybody Informed , And If I Do Get It , I Will Take Some More Pics !

Thanks for the comments. 4k is a pretty good deal if the condition is as the seller states. Make sure you test the rear and front air and heat. The front heater core is a biotch and a broken blend door actuator is common problem, and also the rear core, but the rear core is simpler. Also a common problem is a cold solder in the instrument panel for the odometer, easy fix. And also a common issue is the engine P/S head has a oil leak issue that is very common.

Thanks for the Heads Up , Well Went and looked at it , test drove it and liked it , but it did make a Random vibrate noise but didn't seem to be an issue , has some rear rust near the spare tire which is not there , has 22"s on it with bigger tires up front , I'll be selling or trading the rims since I don't really like them and the tires are almost bad , Picked it up for 3500 Cash , only small random interior stuff is broken or missing nothing serious , Also i did notice the serp belt looks too small , like its not wide enough , but it works so well see

Vibration may just be coing from the crappy tires or out of balanced large diameter rims.

The Vibration happens when sitting while Idling , It Does have a Slight Steering issue but i believe its the Crap tires on there , Grab some pics of it tomorrow , I Removed the 3rd row seat today and figured out why the pass side front door speaker did not work , Was Not fully wired up one wire was disconnected behind the radio

Also found out yesterday after i crawled under it that it has NO front Drive shaft , Nor Does it have The 4x4 Switch near the radio , I'm guessing someone removed it due to problems , Also its missing the Tail pipe from over the axle back ,

Is it 4x4? If so I would suggest that you get the driveshaft and install it. Being AWD, does not fare well on the x-fer. Also is the switch missing on the dash along with the female pigtail? If all that is missing, then that tells me that there is a issue with either the front axle(s) or R&P or transfer. Or the previous owner took it off thinking it would save on fuel mileage. But never took into consideraton the harm it could cause the internals of the x-fer and the computer trying to read front wheel slippage while driving. You may contact the previous owner and ask if he has them and forgot to include them.

It Is For Sure 4x4 , Its The Xlt 4.6 , The Pig Tail For The Switch Is There , They Left The Axles up front that's How I Noticed it was 4x4 , I'm Hoping There's Nothing Wrong and the Previous Owner did not have the parts , He bought it like it was for his 16 year old son , then his ex wifes new man Gave him a 2010 Duramax crew cab , so He sold the expedition to buy rims tires and a System for the Chevy ,

They did not make a true 4x4 setup with these. They are AWD models, some would take the driveshaft out to see if it saved them fuel mileage since it is engaged all the time. The dial switch reads A4WD, 4H, 4L. So needless to say it does eat fuel more being a AWD system.

Okay , Well Not Sure what to do about it ! , Spend money on used parts to make it Complete again , or Leave it alone as its not hurting anything Right ?

Either Way I Still need to Go To Pap And Get The Mirror And The Tail light lens

No, I would diffinately replace the shaft. The transfer is electronically engaged and the clutch system can and would cause slipping as the front output has no torque spin to carrie with the rear output.

Ouch , Well Maybe I Should at least replace The Drive Shaft then, What about the Switch , Mine has a Radio Bezel With No Switch , So Now I Gotta Get The Bezel Too

WOW, the PO replaced the dash face plate also? If so yes you will need to get that also. Damn, what was the PO trying to accomplish? Something is telling me that there is something more to this story. Did you call the PO and ask if he had this stuff that has been removed?

No I Have No contact Info on him , The guy I Bought It From Said it Came From a Dealership

Well a Small Update , I Went To My Local Pull a Part in South Atlanta as They had the Most Expeditions in the lot , I picked up the Tail light I Needed , The Pass Mirror Come to find out I bought a Mirror With Signals In them , So I'm Going Back to Get the Driver Side , Found a Pair Of Polk Ex Series 6'1/4 Door Speakers , Also Grabbed Some Bulbs And Misc Nuts And Bolts , Found a Set Of Newer 8MM Plug wires so I Got Those Only $3.60 For a Set Of 6 !! , I'll Be Going back for More Expedition Stuff Like Stock Wheels Since there Cheap And Also Some First Gen Stuff , Found a Good Amount Of First Gen Items So I'll Be picking up Spares And Few Things That Other Members Would Possibly Want !!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back