Air Conditioning - anyone else see this? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Air Conditioning - anyone else see this?

calb

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 AWD Explorer Limited
Seems like every time I turn around, I find a new issue - fortunately most are minor.

Can anyone confirm this ..

I turned on Max AC -then arrived home and shut of Explorer.

Returned a few hours later, turned it on, and while it doesn't say Max AC, the AC is blowing. Checking temperature setting it says "Lo" - it has magically become that instead of the 22.5 I normally set it to?

Anyone else? A software bug?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup I have same issue....since Performance Upgrade.

No extra charge for this free option.

We won't see any fix till this supposed 3rd quarter 2012 update.

Yup I have same issue....since Performance Upgrade.

No extra charge for this free option.

We won't see any fix till this supposed 3rd quarter 2012 update.

Nothin' "supposed" about it.... Have to wait for it, unfortunately....

Maybe this time Ford will see fit to QA with forum users, as well as their own staff. I'll happily sign an NDA and QA a new version, if it ultimately gets me a better product.

Ya I got to agree with you there.

Employee testing sure didn't seem to work.

Im still amazed no one saw the overlaid graphics on the phone status display line, let alone all the other issues.

Yep - happens to me with regularity.

I know this sounds cynical, but I imagine that the Ford employees had an underlining understanding that they better not find anything wrong with Sync/MFT after the rebuild. If you were a Ford employee you wouldn't to make the boss mad or unhappy, would you? You can't tell me out of 1000 employees these issues would not be reproduced by someone.

Please Ford, let some people like the good people on this forum who have technical experience work on this and improve it. They are EAGER to help. They will do a bang up job and what a wonderful precedent you would set for the industry. DESIGNED BY THE PEOPLE WHO USE IT! (and listen to the rest). Unheard of, you say, blasphemus you cry (but oh so RIGHT)!

Okay, I've gone over my limit that was $.03 worth.

Arrogance won't let that happen.

This is too much of an embarrassment now

Arrogance won't let that happen.

This is too much of an embarrassment now

I'm sorry if I offended you Sgt1411. I was responding to the employment testing on this site. Besides my A/C is part of my Sync. Just what are you so embarrassed about? BTW, I have appreciated your comments in the past, this comment seems out of character unless I don't know what you're embarrassed about. I thought I was just expressing a common sentiment of many on this whole site. I realize that the A/C is probably not the best place to express these sentiments, forgive me.

I'm sorry if I offended you Sgt1411. I was responding to the employment testing on this site. Besides my A/C is part of my Sync. Just what are you so embarrassed about? BTW, I have appreciated your comments in the past, this comment seems out of character unless I don't know what you're embarrassed about. I thought I was just expressing a common sentiment of many on this whole site. I realize that the A/C is probably not the best place to express these sentiments, forgive me.

I think maybe you misinterpretted my comments

I agree with your comments 100%.

My point was that no one at the SYNC Team will admit the problems are worse now after the the Performance Upgrade because the whole MFT program has been such an embarrassment to Ford.

People are selling their vehicles because the system is unusable. Its not just because they cant get text messaging through SYNC, its the entire promised functionality that is lacking.

I think maybe you misinterpretted my comments

I agree with your comments 100%.

My point was that no one at the SYNC Team will admit the problems are worse now after the the Performance Upgrade because the whole MFT program has been such an embarrassment to Ford.

People are selling their vehicles because the system is unusable. Its not just because they cant get text messaging through SYNC, its the entire promised functionality that is lacking.

You mean like driving your car across the ocean like my GPS thinks its doing?

20120529_093717.jpg

Exactly.........but don't worry.

Call IVT or the dealership and you will hear the famous line ........

"Yes we know about it and thats fixed in the next update"

I figure by 2017 we should be able to use our 2011/12/13 Explorer MFT like it was advertised.

I figure by 2017 we should be able to use our 2011/12/13 Explorer MFT like it was advertised.

Thank you for your clarification. I appreciate your optimism.

Even if they fix all the issues, I will be selling the vehicle by next summer at the latest.

You mean like driving your car across the ocean like my GPS thinks its doing?

20120529_093717.jpg

thats the new amphiexplorer edition! you didn't know you got one? my ex can penetrate buildings causing absolutely no damage to them!

Back