• Register Today It's free!

MFT with iphone4s

cbx1047

Reaction score
City, State
waikesha, wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 limited
Paired with upgraded MFT, along with contact list, all works fine. When I try and activate the messaging it says my phone is not compatable. Is that true, I bought the phone because I thought it was. Maybe I need to set someting on my phone. Help.
thanks. 2011 limited

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It appears that some of the basic problems, as much as we would like to blame the MFT, some of the most common issues are with apple iphones themselves, they don't play nice as the commercials would lead the lemmings to believe.

I was havng some intermitten issues with my iphone/mft, then I switched phones to an android and poof not a problem since!

Good luck

The iPhone doesn't have the required Blue Tooth MAP profile that most other smart phones contain. While this alone won't cause MFT issues, it doesn't allow you to use messaging outside of the built in Siri application. There is a work around for this, using MFT and the home button on the IPhone that's used to initiate Siri. You will hear it over the Explorer's speakers and you have the ability to use the microphone in the headliner. You still need to use the button on the phone. MFT will handle the iPhone Siri app as an incoming phone call.

I'm sure some of the Apple faithful will be along to tell you how horrible Ford is for not displaying an Apple icon on the center stack, and to pontificate how every other auto maker is signing up with Apple to put the vaunted Siri button on the steering wheel... except Ford. :rolleyes: I'm sure they will suggest you trade your Explorer in for one of those other manufacturers, rather than you picking up a phone that has an industry standard MAP profile.

thanks for all the replies! I thought I was doing something wrong. I wish they would of stated that all the features that are on the MFT are only going to work with certain smart phone. It would solve a lot of confusion.

I'm sure they will suggest you trade your Explorer in for one of those other manufacturers, rather than you picking up a phone that has an industry standard MAP profile.

While I would love a siri button...I can live. I just want to point out you are stretching the truth pretty hard by implying all other phones have the MAP profile.

When the new iOs 6 update comes out this fall for the iphone, it's supposedly going to have the Bluetooth MAP profile included in it. Hopefully iOs6 will play nicer with MFT.

The iPhone doesn't have the required Blue Tooth MAP profile that most other smart phones contain...

While I would love a siri button...I can live. I just want to point out you are stretching the truth pretty hard by implying all other phones have the MAP profile.

...and I want to point out that you're stretching the truth by implying that I said "all other phones..." when in fact I said "most other smart phones..."

Words matter and "most" doesn't equal or mean "all".

Paired with upgraded MFT, along with contact list, all works fine. When I try and activate the messaging it says my phone is not compatable. Is that true, I bought the phone because I thought it was. Maybe I need to set someting on my phone. Help.
thanks. 2011 limited

cbx1047,

I just want to confirm what everyone else is saying (Thanks for your responses, all!). Currently, the iPhone doesn't support Bluetooth texting. We continue to work with Apple to make this feature available to our customers.

Rebecca

Bluetooth MAP technology IS coming out in iOS6 update in the fall. From what we all understand, that is what is needed to make it work. Work hard with them, Rebecca, since all that is needed is coming!

:chug:

I wouldn't bother with him. He obviously hates Apple and their products and will take a jab at any person who owns an Apple device.

I wouldn't bother with him. He obviously hates Apple and their products and will take a jab at any person who owns an Apple device.

Umm humm.... I own multiple Apple products from a G4 up to an iPAD2. This includes an iPhone4. That's me... a good old hater.

I also own various Android and Windows (6, 6.5, 7) based smart phones. Guess what? The Android and WP7 work the best with MFT, with the WP7 slightly edging out the Android devices.

I've used the iPhone with MFT and while I have yet to see most of the issues, other than messaging, you guys keep bleating about and it's still not and is not the end all and be all of the cell phone market.

The Android devices as well as the iPhone now reside in an office desk draw up to the point where I can find a use for them. I now carry a WP7 (and HTC Arrive) and probably will for some time. It does what all the other devices do including full MFT integration.

You keep waiting for the next iOS release for the same function I've had for as long as I've been using the Arrive. You'll catch up sooner or later. Until then, you can carry on with your mischaracterizations if that's what will get you through...
:wavey:

Back