Quick question about V8 throttle lag | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Quick question about V8 throttle lag

Silverblade

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
BC, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 SOHC
Hey guys, I have been searching the forums lately reading different reports on the infamous throttle lag and a few people are saying it only occurs in the v6 models. I had purposely been looking for an 03 because of the thottle lag but I am also looking for a v8. I WOULD keep searching more but the guy selling the 2004 in my area just emailed me back with a sharp price if I jump on it right away, thus not leaving me anytime to search more. Therefore I must ask, do the V8 drive by wire explorers experience the same throttle lag? It is a 3 hour trip to the truck including a two hour ferry ride at $100 each way just to test drive it, or else I would just test drive it for my easy answer. Sorry to ask a much debated question but hopefully you can understand. Thanks guys!

Yeah ALL the DBW throttles have some lag but personally I wouldnt consider it a deal breaker. Not sure if tune could help, check with James Henson. Either way, if the price is good, go for it. (no used car dealers close by to test drive one closer to home?)

I was thinking of trying the dealerships around here that's a good idea I am just short on time. I will shoot Henson an email. I had an 06 v6 courtesy car explorer a while back an it was horrible I couldn't stand the throttle lag. If it's anywhere near as bad I will be coming home empty handed. Thanks for the quick reply!

Back