BEWARE: DDM Tuning HIDs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BEWARE: DDM Tuning HIDs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can't access without being signed in...

I just signed up for the gmfullsize forum to view this thread. It redirects to this link and has three pages of basically the same comments:

Actual thread

These people are complaining about the color not being as specific as advertised. Not about the actual function or quality of the bulbs. I personally just ordered some Apexcone Raptor V2 ballasts and 35W 4500K bulbs from DDM. They test well and have about the color I expected. Not much to complain about considering the price.

sorry about that, I forgot that it was in the members only thread. Thanks for posting the link, Lever.

Yeah I bought 6000k 55w Hi/Lo for my headlights and 6000k 35w for my fogs and no problems, the lights work great and are amazing. They dont look that blue at all, very slight tint of it.

i purchased 2 sets from them one 6k and one 8k... the color turned out as expected... the 6k were exactly that color wise... same goes for the 8k...

and the color is all in the bulbs, it has nothing to do with the ballest or anything like that. if someone was that unhappy about the color they got they could return them or just buy a set of bulbs from a different place. no big deal.

So I know this thread is dead, but I found it doing a little looking into DDMtuning.com after I ran into a faulty bulb problem with what they sent me for my order. I have seen many other forums complaining about the color of the bulbs and their customer service. I got the exact bulbs I wanted when I ordered my 5ks. The only problem is I had a bulb that when first installed I had to turn my lights on, then off, then on and it would be fine. But it got progressively worse, when I took the bulbs out I was having to turn the lights on and off 5-10 times to get it to turn on. But DDM's customer service was amazing in my opinion, just emailed them and got my RA number. They recived them and had my replacements shipped the next day. Sure this is a lengthy process to get them back. But I paid for cheap HID's, and I recieved them. But they are great lights when in and running! No need for expensive HIDs here! :D

Nope, no need....unless you want them to work any & all the time.

I know a lot of folks have DDM but I just can not have any confidence in them when I'm doing a 3 to 4 day road trip and I NEED my headlights.

Just my 2 cents.......

Nope, no need....unless you want them to work any & all the time.

I know a lot of folks have DDM but I just can not have any confidence in them when I'm doing a 3 to 4 day road trip and I NEED my headlights.

Just my 2 cents.......

I hear you there man, I can't lie, I was a bit upset when I had to take mine out and send them back. But I've seen expensive product be faultly just the same as I have seen cheap product do the same. For me the price was right, and I have multiple friends with them that have not had any problems. Now I do plan to get HIDs for my factory fog lights, and I do plan to do a different company. Still yet I have not lost my confidence in DDM, especially for the customer service I recieved from them. It's hard to get good customer service these days. Heck my job is customer service, and they did a better job than I probably do!

400px-Jonathan_Goldsmith_2009.jpg

I don't usually kill myself when I crash into things I cannot see, but when I do, it's because I used cheap PnP HIDs that don't always work.

Image borrowed from wikipedia...

That said. In my opinion, DDMs stuff is just as "high" of quality as any other manufacturer of PnP HIDs.

DDM Tuning HIDS...

Funny how I have these HIDS in every car I own and never had one single problem with any of them. Have in my daily driver Ford Focus where I drive a hundred miles a day with them on 80% of the time. Been in the car for almost 5 years! I have them on everyday! Have not had any issues so far....

Back