• Register Today It's free!

What does this symbol mean??

bluex232

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
Anyone know what the blue wireless symbol means? It has just started showing up in the last couple of weeks. I know you can set up like a mobile hot spot, wasn't sure if thats what it is for, but I have not changed any settings on sync or my phone so I don't know why all the sudden it is there. It is not there all the time, but has been showing up more and more. I plan on looking in the manual if I ever think of it when I am not driving and near the vehicle, but thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone else knows.

Thanks!

faef2e9d.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it's the built-in WiFi router. Look for internet/wireless settings and you can turn it off if you're not using it.

I believe its your own router, perhaps you are close to your house, typical range of your router is 100-300 feet. Your smart phone that the MFT is linked to is picking it up or another one nearby.

I've been wrong before.

Thanks guys, of course I have not seen it since I posted this, I am pretty sure I have seen it before when I am not near my house. It would make sense at home, our router is in the basement so my car is generally closer to it than my computer even is, lol so def close enough. We shall see I guess. :cool:

I wonder if it picks up free wi-fi signals from around town and will pop up when it finds an unsecured connection?

I wonder if it picks up free wi-fi signals from around town and will pop up when it finds an unsecured connection?

Well that could be, because my router, although secured is with my 4g phone as well. If I am not mistaken the MFT acts like a phone extension, right? You can dial from it, talk thru it and recieve messages from it, but only if your phone is synced to it, it's your phone that is seeking wifi and capturing unsecured wifi signals. My settings on my phone allow to use public wifi if I am out of cell carriers range

Happy Friday, everyone!

The symbol in question will only appear if your phone is connected to a Wi-Fi source and it's receiving a signal. For those of you that have NAV, you'll see this symbol when you press on the INFORMATION (i) button. :)

Rebecca

Looks like you called it spitfisher!

Back