2002-2005 FAQ regarding lifts, tires, etc | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002-2005 FAQ regarding lifts, tires, etc

Finished my 3" BL...

Here are some before and after shots after my 2" wheel spacers!
2012-02-25084938_Newark_Delaware_US-Copy.jpg
2012-02-27150540_Wilmington_Delaware_US.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so a question on the btf uca's. are they longer and do they have a drop in them? i just want to know what im going to be getting out of the price of them besides the uni ball joint.

thanks
sean

so a question on the btf uca's. are they longer and do they have a drop in them? i just want to know what im going to be getting out of the price of them besides the uni ball joint.

thanks
sean

They are slightly longer than stock but I don't believe there is a drop in them. At least mine don't.

HI all
\
I just picked up a set of 275/70/18 Cooper Discover S/T.
I am dropped about 2 in front and 1.5 rear. Yes I am being converted to a lift :)
Can you recommend a rim offset for the new rims, if i go with 18/8?

I know they are large. I just want to be sure they wont rub.

HI all
\
I just picked up a set of 275/70/18 Cooper Discover S/T.
I am dropped about 2 in front and 1.5 rear. Yes I am being converted to a lift :)
Can you recommend a rim offset for the new rims, if i go with 18/8?

I know they are large. I just want to be sure they wont rub.

check out this thread for pictures of my rims with different offsets.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354897

right now, i'm running a 275/60r20(about .15 inches smaller than the tire you intend to run) on 20x8.5" (+18 offset) rims and they rub the frame rails at full lock. because of this. Given that info, i'd recommend either 18"x9" rim with +6 or numerically lower offset, or a 18"x8.5" with a +12 or numerically lower offset, or 18"x8" with a +19 or numerically lower offset. I have 2.25" front, 1.75" rear coil spacers combined with a 1.5" body lift and i had to trim my fenders and completely remove the splash guards inside the fender wells that hide the engine.

Thanks Kazer

That's exactly what I needed to know.

Colin

no problem! :thumbsup:

be sure to post up pictures when you're done

what would you guys say is the perfect offset and offset for a set of 20"x8.5???

what would you guys say is the perfect offset and offset for a set of 20"x8.5???

check out my link a couple posts up, it has pics of my 20x8.5 rims with +18 offset. IMO a +18 to a 0 offset would be perfect

check out my link a couple posts up, it has pics of my 20x8.5 rims with +18 offset. IMO a +18 to a 0 offset would be perfect

Had a look but i'm not the most confident when it comes to wheels. I ordered a set years ago for a different car and I measured it wrong. Was a a disaster, serious confidence breaker. LOL

I also meant to say back spacing but wrote offset twice. oops.

Ok, so my options are between these two setups of the same rim.

1) 20x8.5" +35 offset, 6.12in backspace
2) 20x8.5" +12 offset, 5.14in backspace

My tyres are 285/50/20 coopers. I already have them on my current rims. Unfortunatley i know nothing about these rims other than they are 8" are are crappy BSA 5 spokes.

Over here in Australia (NSW) we get hassled for rims being too far out from the guards. I would like them to sit as nice as possible. We also get in trouble for spacers too. LOL

What do you guys recommend?

hey guys I am new to the whole liftin an explorer thing and was wondering if anyone could help me. I have an 02 ford explorer limited v8 and I want to lift it but not sure which route I should go about. I am also wanting to buy rims and tires but not sure what sizes I can get withou causing a rub with whatever lift route I go.

hey guys I am new to the whole liftin an explorer thing and was wondering if anyone could help me. I have an 02 ford explorer limited v8 and I want to lift it but not sure which route I should go about. I am also wanting to buy rims and tires but not sure what sizes I can get withou causing a rub with whatever lift route I go.

Answered your question in the other thread you posted about the quick lift

Ok guys i have read this whole thread and kinda got the idea that you cant really "lift" 3rd GEN

Im not into body lifts and things but i will do it, what i wanna know is there ANY possiblity in getting 36-38 in tires up a 02 limited, i love four wheeling so i want as much ground clearance as possible, so what are my options

Ok guys i have read this whole thread and kinda got the idea that you cant really "lift" 3rd GEN

Im not into body lifts and things but i will do it, what i wanna know is there ANY possiblity in getting 36-38 in tires up a 02 limited, i love four wheeling so i want as much ground clearance as possible, so what are my options

Send this guy a PM, dont know if hes still gonna sell these kits or not, this kit + 1.5" Bodylift and you may be able to swing 36s

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2828662&postcount=39

haven't been on here in awhile. quick question, would a 255/85r16 fit a stock 2003 explorer?

I don't think it would matter what offset you tried you would have clearance issues when turning

Just got this from my tire guy. He won't order 265 70's for me.
u can't run a 265/70-17 they will rub u need a 265/60-17

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back