2013 xlt | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 xlt

Vince,

I checked out your thread. You have a beautiful ride there. I can't wait to get mine so I can share your enthusiasm. I sent Cory a PM with my info so I'm hoping to hear from him soon.:)

Thanks for the compliment. We really enjoy our Ex. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours, it is a great vehicle. Keep us posted on your progress! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks so much Cory!! I appreciate you looking into it for me!! I'll be waiting!
You’re very welcome, JUtecht! I won’t leave you waiting too long. :)

Vince,

I checked out your thread. You have a beautiful ride there. I can't wait to get mine so I can share your enthusiasm. I sent Cory a PM with my info so I'm hoping to hear from him soon.:)
There’re a couple people ahead of you, FischerRA. It wouldn’t be fair to answer you before the others waiting, so you’ll see my reply within a day or two. :thumbsup:

Cory

Thanks for the info Cory, I'll check back with you next week!

OK Cory. Thanks for letting me know the proper procedure. I didn't realize there was a waiting line. I certainly wouldn't want to step in front of anybody.

OK Cory. Thanks for letting me know the proper procedure. I didn't realize there was a waiting line. I certainly wouldn't want to step in front of anybody.
It’s no problem, FischerRA! I get a lot of requests, and it’s the best way to get through them. :D

Cory

Another questions for XLT owners, if you don't have 2nd row bucket seats, is there at least a pull down armrest in the center on the bench seat? I thought there was, but now I'm not so sure....

Got my VIN!! Yeah! The only tough news to stomach is my build date is 7/23....yuck! I ordered June 8th, I was hoping to be in my car by 7/23. I really couldn't ask for more from my dealer! They have been so quick to respond and have really kept me updated--even thought they didn't know much. Now, do I just enter my VIN into the ETIS website I keep hearing about? Will this eventually produce my Window Sticker? I tried to do the Window Sticker thing at the top but nothing showed up yet. Does the ETIS website help you track your production once your VIN has been issued, or is there some other site for that?

Psssst. JUtecht... over here. Don't tell anyone but the Etis site is a waste of time. It is there for the greenbeans to burn many hours copying and pasting their VIN into so it returns the same screen over and over. It is fun though in an obsessive compulsive sort of way.

My build date is tomorrow and I suspect that sometime during the day tomorrow Etis will update with the specifics of my build (I hope). Still, I downloaded my sticker and checked Etis just minutes ago to satisfy the urge and in a few more minutes I'll be looking again.

LOL, yeah Etis is pretty much a waste, at least for us commoners. Those with secret hand-shakes and code words can get more info from it :)

My build date is tomorrow and I suspect that sometime during the day tomorrow Etis will update with the specifics of my build (I hope). Still, I downloaded my sticker and checked Etis just minutes ago to satisfy the urge and in a few more minutes I'll be looking again.

PSSSttt Sinnce95, if you haven't already done it, register your VIN on syncmyride. You will get an error at time you pit it in; but tonight at around 10 pm EST, log on to sync and I bet you will see what versions of MFT & sync had successful installs ;)

Congrats Jutecht on getting your VIN. One step closer. :salute: NOTE: Etis does not produce window sticker. There is separate site for that.

For me, I kept wanting to see something on Etis before build, but absent secret code, it is boring. About 2-4 days after build, I went back on and it updates to show all the details of options installed

On this link, click on vehicle tab and paste in VIN #. It may provide information. https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

2) Register on syncmy ride and you can put VIN in and it may show that it was built ... Vince did this. http://www.ford.com/syncmyride/

3) Not sure if window sticker updates to show acutal build date. But this site may give more help: http://researchmaniacs.com/Ford/TrackFactoryCarOrders.html

4) Window sticker http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=[VIN here no brackets]

Thanks Gatortailale!! I'm probably going to start obsessing with those sites now too! ;-)

Gatortailale, you have created a monster! Haha, great job :thumbsup: :D

Got my VIN!! Yeah! The only tough news to stomach is my build date is 7/23....yuck! I ordered June 8th, I was hoping to be in my car by 7/23. I really couldn't ask for more from my dealer!...
It’s great you got your VIN, JUtecht! Luckily, you have an awesome community to keep you company while you wait. :D I see everyone here already went to town on answering your questions!

...My build date is tomorrow and I suspect that sometime during the day tomorrow Etis will update with the specifics of my build (I hope). Still, I downloaded my sticker and checked Etis just minutes ago to satisfy the urge and in a few more minutes I'll be looking again.
Since95,

My tracker doesn’t show your ride as produced yet. You’re shaking from so much anticipation, we should make you hold a paint can! LOL JK I’ll remember to check again before the weekend for you.

...Those with secret hand-shakes and code words can get more info from it :)
VinceL,

How did you find out about the secret hand-shakes?!? ;)

PSSSttt Sinnce95...
Wow, Craig… thanks for the above and beyond help! Have I mentioned you make my job easier? :popcorn:

Cory

Since95,

My tracker doesn’t show your ride as produced yet. You’re shaking from so much anticipation, we should make you hold a paint can! LOL JK I’ll remember to check again before the weekend for you.

Thanks Cory! If I don't hear some news soon I might just vibrate at the frequency that causes earthquakes. Should never have taken those ACME earthquake pills. They're not effective on Road Runners anyway.

Got my VIN!! Yeah! The only tough news to stomach is my build date is 7/23....yuck! I ordered June 8th, I was hoping to be in my car by 7/23. I really couldn't ask for more from my dealer! They have been so quick to respond and have really kept me updated--even thought they didn't know much. Now, do I just enter my VIN into the ETIS website I keep hearing about? Will this eventually produce my Window Sticker? I tried to do the Window Sticker thing at the top but nothing showed up yet. Does the ETIS website help you track your production once your VIN has been issued, or is there some other site for that?

Congrats JUtecht. I just got my vin# from Cory. My build date should be right after yours. Amazing how a little number gets the old juices flowing!:D

For me, I kept wanting to see something on Etis before build, but absent secret code, it is boring. About 2-4 days after build, I went back on and it updates to show all the details of options installed

On this link, click on vehicle tab and paste in VIN #. It may provide information. https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

2) Register on syncmy ride and you can put VIN in and it may show that it was built ... Vince did this. http://www.ford.com/syncmyride/

3) Not sure if window sticker updates to show acutal build date. But this site may give more help: http://researchmaniacs.com/Ford/TrackFactoryCarOrders.html

4) Window sticker http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=[VIN here no brackets][/QUOTE]

Thanks Gator. I know I'll probably end up like everyone else with a bad case of analysis paralysis! :eek:

FischerRA-What was your order date?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Cory! If I don't hear some news soon I might just vibrate at the frequency that causes earthquakes. Should never have taken those ACME earthquake pills. They're not effective on Road Runners anyway.
LOL That’s hilarious, Since95! At least you didn’t try the “Acme Catapult” to launch yourself to the plant. ;)

Are you ready for great news? Your Explorer showed up as produced on the 29th! :party:

...I just got my vin# from Cory. My build date should be right after yours. Amazing how a little number gets the old juices flowing!:D
...I know I'll probably end up like everyone else with a bad case of analysis paralysis! :eek:
Don’t worry, FischerRA: I’ll be keeping an eye on your order! :D

Cory

Back