Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 211 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

drivers side front? and was the weight of the truck still on that wheel? O.O

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Kazer said:
drivers side front? and was the weight of the truck still on that wheel? O.O

Yes, and no it was jacked up.

A couple more:
th_00cb69bb.jpg

th_414100ad.jpg

Triton8273 said:
In other words the weight of the truck was on the jack, but the spring was still keeping the tire in contact and applying pressure.

Barely, yes. I could *JUST* slide the wheel off. I need to go out and buy a taller jack...lol.

My new Steve's old tails:
10b40bae.jpg

67bbdd52.jpg

Noice. Get that third light blacked out! Lol I was too lazy to do mine. Any problems mounting the drivers side?

Kazer said:
Noice. Get that third light blacked out! Lol I was too lazy to do mine. Any problems mounting the drivers side?

Nope. Actually the passenger side was the PITA. But it's all in now.. Thanks again!

Could the spacers possibly be to blame?

College Student said:
Could the spacers possibly be to blame?

For the bearing to go? No. My exwife curbed that wheel really bad a while back which I think started it on its way. That and I have been beating the hell out of it lately...lol

Put the Ford symbol on my new grille
20120610_152226.jpg

Removed the mini-van style running boards
20120610_152215.jpg

Tinted third tail light
20120610_152202.jpg

A few pictures on how my ex has progressed!

la6DUl.jpg

Day I bought her
HBJ9ml.jpg

After a deer accident, see crack in center piece and separation of hood on the left
HRJsPl.jpg

Push bar installed to ram deer :) (Has worked once already!), main deck light turned on
fDJA6l.jpg

Plastic and trim painted matte black
AQwHpl.jpg

38HLzl.jpg

JgiyMl.jpg

Wheels painted matte black, center cap kept silver
kpOrfl.jpg

TFbMSl.jpg

New heated / puddle lamp mirrors installed

Ju4V9l.jpg

I love looking at everyone else's for inspiration, I'm afraid to do any other big changes, I have 156,000 miles and although she is still running all smooth I am still scared! Definitely going to get a fourth generation ex when it comes time!
-Steven

Put the Ford symbol on my new grille
20120610_152202.jpg
What's the point of putting the 'Police Interceptor' sticker on the back? Believe it or not its illegal in most states for civilians, plus you'll piss a lot of cops off. I know I'd pull you over :p

I would not write for it, however the question is, if its not a police model (like a CVPI), if it did not come with it, why is the registered owner putting the word police on their car.

x5h21q2 said:
I would not write for it, however the question is, if its not a police model (like a CVPI), if it did not come with it, why is the registered owner putting the word police on their car.

Here in Florida, loads of punk ass kids drive retired police cars. They buy them at auction for really cheap and black out all the windows and make them look exactly like police cars. Then they add really loud stereo systems that make the trunk f**king rattle. They even buy novelty license plates that are yellow just like the County police car plates. It's all legal down here. They just can't have emergency lights.

What's the point of putting the 'Police Interceptor' sticker on the back? Believe it or not its illegal in most states for civilians, plus you'll piss a lot of cops off. I know I'd pull you over :p

Yeah, I have taken that "police interceptor" sticker off my truck since these pictures. I realized how stupid it looked and I didn't want any trouble with the police.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back