New header option for 5.0L? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New header option for 5.0L?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you did ever need to get carb approval, you can call the air resources board, and they are surprisingly helpful for filling out those forms. I don't believe they usually need this type of part for testing, as long as you include technical documents that demonstrate the headers maintain the EGR and can show a vehicle equipped with the parts can pass emissions testing the same as it could with the OEM equipment.

It is a lot easier to do if they are on non-egr vehicles, but it really isn't as complicated as it looks or sounds.

Sometimes, but nobody will ever know what the car actually ran right before it was sold. One of those many trips taken without "other people" present... But it disqualifies your claim. ;)

Yeah, you are right Joe.

My guess, it would have run mid 13's NA with the junkyard parts it had. Damn near lifted the front tires on Rodger B with a gym bag kit!:eek:

:salute:

It ran somewhere between 0.001 and 12.000 at Milan to give you a range to work in... It was a cold evening, I was down there with one of my old Detroit friends- Snowdog- was racing with his buddies' square-eye, but it's sub 10 second. Way faster than mine was. But, I didn't break my car either. :)

And- what gym bag kit? Never ran one in that car...

It ran somewhere between 0.001 and 12.000 at Milan to give you a range to work in... It was a cold evening, I was down there with one of my old Detroit friends- Snowdog- was racing with his buddies' square-eye, but it's sub 10 second. Way faster than mine was. But, I didn't break my car either. :)

And- what gym bag kit? Never ran one in that car...

That's amazing Joe! Simply Amazing!

Your beast was a runner none-the-less!

Back