Anybody know the correct size (T&P) of brake lines at the ABS pump? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anybody know the correct size (T&P) of brake lines at the ABS pump?

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
Bypassing the ABS pump on the 95 trail rig.

I can't find the info anywhere. It would help me to know the correct thread & pitch of both the front & rear brake lines so I don't have to disconnect them and contaminate the system.

I am shopping for an adjustable proportioning valve for the rear brakes on the 95 Ex. Knowing the T&P will allow me to purchase the correct valve online in advance.

The front lines will be connected to a T-fitting, then to the master cylinder, using the stock line from M/C to Pump.

Rear line will use the stock line from M/C to pump as well, with the prop valve between them.

Any help is appreciated, and a big thanks in advance :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you ever find this out? I am doing the exact same thing, spent half an hour at auto zone with the fittings and abs pump in hand they had nothing they could match it with...

OK, after multiple trips to auto zone, (the manager actually let me walk to the back with him and try different fittings and adapters till we figured it out) I figured I would comment back here... I hate searching up a thread to find out none actually answered the original question...

So, From the Master Cylinder(both metric), the front line is M12 x 1.0, the rear one is M10 x 1.0...

From the HCU (ABS Pump, whatever you want to call it) Looking at the back of the pump, 3 lines coming out, from left to right it is Rear line, M10 x 1.0. Front Left line, M12 x 1.0. Front Right line, M12 x 1.5, I think. The front right is a just difficult, I can't find any adapters or any lines to fit it... I will update if I figure anything out, it is beer thirty right now...

I forgot about this thread....

I used M12x1.0 on the front line at the master & 3/16"- 24 for the rear.

Have me wondering about the rear connector now...:scratch:

Back