• Register Today It's free!

Couple of issues with my '03 Merc

Von Kaiser

Reaction score
City, State
Little Elm, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Dodge Charger
I've got a couple of annoyances with my Merc that I'm hoping can get solved without spending a huge amount of cash.
  • When the vehicle is started cold the radiator fan makes a large amount of noise then the noise goes away after about a mile.
  • My far left driver's air vent doesn't seem to blow much air, it's like blowing only 15% of the other vents. The vent slider is fully open so that's not it.
  • The DVD entertainment system sometimes powers itself on.
  • The memory for the mirrors/seats/etc doesn't seem to work all the time. Or at all?
  • What other CD head-units from Ford are a direct swap for these craptastic 6-disc audiophile changers that jam all the time? It's a din and a half right? Had the same issue with my SVT Focus' head-unit.
  • Passenger front window sometimes doesn't work, well it's only happened once but I'm sure it is something that will happen again.

Granted these are just annoyances and don't impede the use of the vehicle as a daily driver, but, they are bloody annoying! :D

Anyone? I would really like to know the answer or get suggestions on these issues?

I've got a couple of annoyances with my Merc that I'm hoping can get solved without spending a huge amount of cash.
  • When the vehicle is started cold the radiator fan makes a large amount of noise then the noise goes away after about a mile.
  • My far left driver's air vent doesn't seem to blow much air, it's like blowing only 15% of the other vents. The vent slider is fully open so that's not it.
  • The DVD entertainment system sometimes powers itself on.
  • The memory for the mirrors/seats/etc doesn't seem to work all the time. Or at all?
  • What other CD head-units from Ford are a direct swap for these craptastic 6-disc audiophile changers that jam all the time? It's a din and a half right? Had the same issue with my SVT Focus' head-unit.
  • Passenger front window sometimes doesn't work, well it's only happened once but I'm sure it is something that will happen again.

Granted these are just annoyances and don't impede the use of the vehicle as a daily driver, but, they are bloody annoying! :D

I could be wrong but I believe theres nothing you can do about the fan, All of my vehicles have done that.

Both of my explorers have had weak air when it comes to that vent. Idk if theres something there to fix I usually just drive with the windows down regardless.

As far as the other stuff it sounds like you have some electrical gremlins..check out your fuses and relays

Anddddd im pretty sure most of the radios are interchangeable. Post a picture of your wiring harness if you can.

Back