From stock to now... more to come | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

From stock to now... more to come

Dang that's too bad. You could do inch and a half like I've seen a few 3rd gen guys do. It's just enough to open up the wheel wells a little. Not sure if you could do that on the 4th gen or not.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow I wish VA would let me go 20% all around. They expect me to stay at 50% on the front windows. Thanks for the info on it though.

Not to hijack the thread but you gotta love floridas laws...2.5% all the way around :)

415482d1.jpg

Edit: Leave the roof rack on. I've taken mine off both the ex's and put it right back on. Looks rectangular-ish without it.

ex looks good Kazer.

I turned my tires all the way left and right today. no way I could run a spacer. :(

maybe once they come out with a 1 inch body lift. Ill do that and get a 1 inch wheel spacer!

you could always try the 1.5" bodylift that i(as well as other members) have done to their third gens. its as simple as disconnecting the body mounts, sliding a 1.5" spacer puck in there, and tighten them back down.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312012

you could always try the 1.5" bodylift that i(as well as other members) have done to their third gens. its as simple as disconnecting the body mounts, sliding a 1.5" spacer puck in there, and tighten them back down.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312012

I remember reading this! awesome. I will def. look into this. I love large differences for a small amount of money!

and Teejay4490, I'm surprised you don't have the windshield tinted. lol I would if I could!

So, I am planning on a 1 inch body lift so that I can do a 1 inch wheel spacer.

This will be cool, since it will allow me to do the wheel spacer. I will also get another inch of lift out of the ex. and best of all. 1 inch body lift. wont really have a gap.

but, with me running the 8.5" width on my aftermarket wheels.... I think this is where the difference will play....

does anyone else have thoughts on this?

So, I don't know how gay this is until I get it in and put it on. But for under 9 bucks shipped to me. Its gotta look better than a bent up stainless antenna.

What are your thoughts??

KGrHqVhMEnIcZJT1BPjHkL360_12.jpg

So, I don't know how gay this is until I get it in and put it on. But for under 9 bucks shipped to me. Its gotta look better than a bent up stainless antenna.

What are your thoughts??

KGrHqVhMEnIcZJT1BPjHkL360_12.jpg

You ****! Haha just kidding. :D

It should look fine as long as it's the black one. :D

GREAT looking Explorer! The black grill really made the whole front end. I agree with the previous post suggesting painting the headlights (inside) black, and I would also tint the taillights, but wetsand them so they're a flat black just like your wheels/grill.

lookin good

Thanks everyone... I am planning on doing the headlights, possibly fogs, and tint on the tails.

I did order the black antenna. so at least it should flow a bit. well, that or just make it look retarded. lol

but, with me running the 8.5" width on my aftermarket wheels.... I think this is where the difference will play....

does anyone else have thoughts on this?

If you are doing the body lift to avoid the tires rubbing, then trimming 1" from the bottom of the front inner plastic fender is what you need. Even with 33" tires 285/75R16 without body lift

But with 33"s you'll need to re-gear your diff's ratio to 4.10

If you are doing the body lift to avoid the tires rubbing, then trimming 1" from the bottom of the front inner plastic fender is what you need. Even with 33" tires 285/75R16 without body lift

But with 33"s you'll need to re-gear your diff's ratio to 4.10

:sawzall::banghead:

Ive owned a million jeeps. You would think I would have just done that. huh?
I guess I wanted to go clean with this one. on a jeep you expect to cut. But, done well, It wouldnt even show.

Thanks for the heads up!

So, Because I bought this stock/used.

I just had transmission serviced and changed filter.
spark plugs changed to platinum plugs.
wires changed to new motorcraft wires.
fuel filter changed.
fuel system serviced.
radiator completely flushed.

Just wanted to know it was done. And when it was done. Piece of mind.

Also just ordered my muffler. from The Coffin Muffler. stock inlet 3" outlet. Going to do a axle dump.

741b.jpg

What do you mean by the transmission being serviced and do you feel a difference?

temendous difference! didn't realize the hesitation until I had it flushed and A new filter installed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

temendous difference! didn't realize the hesitation until I had it flushed and A new filter installed.

Mine could definitely use that. How much did it cost you?

Back