Any MPG increase from Electric fans????? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any MPG increase from Electric fans?????

blueoval9erlifer

Reaction score
City, State
OAK HILL, KANSAS
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 explorer XLT
Was wondering if anyone that had put an electric fan on has seen an improvement in mpg's if so how much??? any noticeable increase in hp??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a sticky thread with pages of discussion on this already. The search function makes it really easy to do your homework before asking questions like this in class....

Short answer: For our Tow Rig it brought up the mileage 1-2 mpg on the freeway. It also increase throttle response..

Long answer:.. Read the tons of threads on here.. Where it helps is when the Fan isn't needed.. Mechanical fans never actually freewheel.

Brian i did a search but maybe missed the stickies on it will check it out

Thanks

Maniac thanks for the answer i was thinking this was mechanical with electric fan clutch if so wouldnt that freewheel better than just mechanical???

Brian i did a search but maybe missed the stickies on it will check it out

Thanks

Maniac thanks for the answer i was thinking this was mechanical with electric fan clutch if so wouldnt that freewheel better than just mechanical???

the 4th gens came with the electro-mechanical fan clutch. 3rd gens were strictly mechanical i believe. My friend has an 06 4.6 3V and his fan clutch took a crap on him. His ended up being the electro-mechanical clutch and was shocked at how much $$$ just the part was to replace.

our Monty seemed to like the dedicated E-Fan and supporting fan controller before engine let go. I did underdrives, E-fan, and Water-Wetter, all at the same time as a coolant flush. Truck pulled stronger, e-fan ran when the A/C sat in traffic (HUGE in Texas)...

I'm the kinda guy, I research sh*t to death before spending a dime... Underdrives (no alt underdrive), Edelbrock H20 pump, fresh hoses, E-fan swap, Controller... worth it for us.

Rob

Back