JohnnyCJC

Reaction score
City, State
Fulton, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
Ello ello!

ordered my 13 Explorer Limited with the 302A package in platinum white
(I have two black vehicles and Im tired of washing cars all the time!)
on 7/13.

Cant wait!. I was going on vacation at the end of August...
but Im probably going to postpone until the new girl arrives.

Ive got a Dodge ram but tired of feeding it for long trips, and I cant fit much in my 350z. Shopped long and hard for an SUV that A. looks good B. can tow at least 5k lbs, and C. gets halfway decent gas mileage.
After a month of studying. There was only one option. Helloo Explorer.

Now I just need to get a VIN number and start tracking!

~Johnny

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats. Keep us posted on its journey!

Congrats Johnny, it's a long wait...but it will be worth it. I ordered on 6/8 and my build date is next week, ETA 8/6. It's awesome being able to order just what you want, but the impatient part of me says, never again! Search far and wide for just what you want so you don't have to endure this limbo of waiting! Ha! Good luck, I went with Platinum too, and can't wait to get mine!

...After a month of studying. There was only one option. Helloo Explorer.

Now I just need to get a VIN number and start tracking!...
<accent type=”British”>Well ‘ello there, Johnny!</accent> Congrats on your order; since you don’t have a VIN, shoot me a PM with your order number & dealer details and I’ll keep tabs on the latest status! :):thumbsup:

Congrats Johnny, it's a long wait...but it will be worth it. I ordered on 6/8 and my build date is next week, ETA 8/6. It's awesome being able to order just what you want...
Get the confetti ready, JUtecht! My tracker confirmed the same production timeline. It’s still subject to change, so I’ll keep an eye out! :D

Cory

I hear ya JUtecht.
I spent 6 months looking for just what I wanted when I got my 350z.
Course I bought it used but it only had 15k miles on it. But, I like what I like :)
Dealers couldn't find me exactly what I wanted on the Explorer...
so for this kinda cash, Im gettin' exactly what I want!

Basically its the Limited 302A package / Platinum / sunroof / Black-pecan / towing package and the addon alarm system.
Went with the regular bench 2nd row cause I want to be able to get 5 people
in it with the 3rd row stowed.

My grandfather would be dancing. He was always a ford guy. Looking forward to putting one back in the driveway!

and thanks cory, I plan to call the dealer tomorrow to get the order number and dealer ID number. Its not been a week yet so Im pretty sure there isnt a vin number yet, but as soon as I get the others, I'll shoot you a PM.

thanks!

~Johnny

...and thanks cory, I plan to call the dealer tomorrow to get the order number and dealer ID number. Its not been a week yet so Im pretty sure there isnt a vin number yet, but as soon as I get the others, I'll shoot you a PM...
You’re very welcome, Johnny! I’ll keep an eye out for your PM. :):thumbsup:

Cory

Thanks for checking Cory! You are awesome! I still haven't seen the window sticker, but I'm anticipating it's arrival any day now!
Johnny, I know, it will be so nice when it comes and I can get rid of my other car (a hail damaged Murano)! I have never been able to buy NEW before, I guess that college education finally paid off and now I'm able to get exactly what I want! I can't wait, my vehicle should be here just in time for me to do a little out of town school shopping, and hopefully to catch a few Husker games, I already have a few wallpapers ready to upload with the Husker Logo on them! Can't wait to try them out and personalize my ride! My grandfather, on the other hand, would be rolling over in his grave because he was a Chevy salesman for about 50 years...but my husband's family turned me over to the blue oval--that Ex sure is sharp looking--there really wasn't a question!
Good luck, and congrats!
huskers_burst_wallpaper_1024.jpg

Oops, sorry about the sizing! My first picture post! Ha!

Thanks for checking Cory! You are awesome! I still haven't seen the window sticker, but I'm anticipating it's arrival any day now!...
You’re welcome, JUtecht! My “ESP” is telling me you should start checking tomorrow. :D

Cory

got my ID numbers.. PM SENT!

*wringing my hands* any news cory?

sweeeettneessss

got my VIN# from Cory, thank you Cory, and said it should roll off the line the middle of august.

now how did you all get your build dates? from Cory? dealer? website?

ETIS gave this for my build date : 30.11.0002
is that like. stardate? lol

sweeeettneessss...got my VIN# from Cory, thank you Cory, and said it should roll off the line the middle of august...
I’m happy to make your day, JohnnyCJC! :D Your build date is subject to change. Keep a look out for your online window sticker to update. It’ll usually be about a week afterwards. In case you don’t have it, here’s the URL:

Code:
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=<Insert VIN Here>

Cory

JohnnyCJC-I got my build date and ETA from my dealer. Then about a 4 days before my build date the window sticker showed up. Good Luck!

no info on etis or the window sticker yet...
but out of the blue, my dealer emailed me and said they expect delivery on august 27th!

no info on etis or the window sticker yet...
I’m sorry I missed your post before, JohnnyCJC; please keep in mind any ETA is subject to change. My guess is your online window sticker will update Monday, so start checking then! :):thumbsup:

Cory

oh I know. just. any update is a cause for excitement :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep, right on the ball Cory. window sticker showed up today

Back