Ford Dealer says they do not provide SD cards for upgrade | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Dealer says they do not provide SD cards for upgrade

Same with me, but no upgrade kit has come to my house. I don't understand why Ford tells us that they will send it to us and never does. This leaves the dealer holding the bag for all the upgrades.

Hey, boss377!

If you'd like, send me your mailing address and VIN in a private message and I'll see what's going on. There are some Explorers that need to go to the dealer for the upgrade; you may fall into that category.

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It all depends on your dealer. As soon as the update cards were available, our dealer had us come in and they installed the new card and did all the updating. It works great, now, although I noticed the outside temperature is no longer on the center stack screen. I can live with that.

It all depends on your dealer. As soon as the update cards were available, our dealer had us come in and they installed the new card and did all the updating. It works great, now, although I noticed the outside temperature is no longer on the center stack screen. I can live with that.
Welcome to the Forum deputydad23. :wavey:
Yes they moved the temperature to the RH screen. Some owners complainted that the time readout was too small so in order to increase the size of it, the temp got bumped off the screen. It's not a big deal for me either but I do find it difficult to see/read at times.
Happy motoring.:thumbsup:

Peter

:wavey:Welcome to the Forum rmarquez1958.
Cookies you say. I'll have to speak to my dealer. I get coffee and a free wash/dry, but no cookies. :(

Peter

Cookies? Wash and dry? Love my dealer even if they only have coffee and donuts!

Welcome to the Forum deputydad23. :wavey:
Yes they moved the temperature to the RH screen. Some owners complainted that the time readout was too small so in order to increase the size of it, the temp got bumped off the screen. It's not a big deal for me either but I do find it difficult to see/read at times.
Happy motoring.:thumbsup:

Peter

What owners complainted? :p: Can't believe owners complainted on this forum...He, He.

Temp. coming back to mft screen next update. Third quarter I think.
I too have a hard time reading it in the RH screen especially with sunglasses on.

What owners complainted? :p: Can't believe owners complainted on this forum...He, He.

Temp. coming back to mft screen next update. Third quarter I think.
I too have a hard time reading it in the RH screen especially with sunglasses on.

Please note this will be a set-up option for those that do not want the temperature reading on the 8 inch screen.

So I bought my Ex used, didn't have an SD card. How do I know if it is updated?

Do I just go to the dealership and tell them to check it? Its still under warranty.

So I bought my Ex used, didn't have an SD card. How do I know if it is updated?

Do I just go to the dealership and tell them to check it? Its still under warranty.
Welcome to the Forum Joeymustang.:wavey:
If your Ex has the navigation, it should have an SD card otherwise you should get an error message when trying to use the Nav screen. Are you sure that you have Navigation? What happens when you select the Navigation section from the Home screen? Seems strange that there isn't an SD card in the slot if you do. The lastest card is an A3. The latest MFT version is Gen. 2 V3.0.2

Peter

Well now, here's a fun little fact. The left-hand info screen apparently cracked during the heat wave we've been having. We took our Exp to the dealer, and he said he'd order the parts. We assumed the screen would be a modular piece, just unclip the broken one and clip in the new one. Oh, no. This is Ford. The info screens and speedo and anything else you can imagine attached to that cluster is all one unit, and the whole thing must be replaced. No wonder the stickers are $40+!

Well now, here's a fun little fact. The left-hand info screen apparently cracked during the heat wave we've been having. We took our Exp to the dealer, and he said he'd order the parts. We assumed the screen would be a modular piece, just unclip the broken one and clip in the new one. Oh, no. This is Ford. The info screens and speedo and anything else you can imagine attached to that cluster is all one unit, and the whole thing must be replaced. No wonder the stickers are $40+!

OK, wait a second, let me see if I have this right.
You have a cracked left hand screen.
Dealer is going to replace it, no charge.
You still have a problem?
:scratch:

Usually an 'all in one' modular unit is less expensive to build and install than 3 separate units. When it hurts the pocketbook is when you have to replace it.

Peter

Hey OP, I'm a little late to the party here, but I'll add my advice:

Plenty has been said about solving your SD card issue. I recommend though that you move to Koons Ford in Sterling, VA. I have owned 4 explorers, a focus, and my parents have owned 3 expeditions and two explorers. We tried back in the 90's to buy a vehicle from Jerry's in Leesburg and it was a disaster. We wound up going to Koons Ford and it was much better.

A couple of years ago when I was shopping for my 2007 explorer Eddie Bauer, I thought I might try Jerry's because it was closer to my home and I found nothing had changed. They wouldn't show me the car I wanted, delays, sales tower, all the worst tricks of car buying you can think of in one. I don't expect a dealership to have none, but they obviously weren't interested in me buying the car I wanted, just what they had.

I have heard of others having warranty problems with them, etc. I hear it is a real hassle to get another dealer assigned as your default warranty dealer (not sure what they call it), but I would do my best to get it moved.

Just my $.02.

Back