Mods finished | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mods finished

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've completed everything I wanted to modify on my base 2013. Comments would be appreciated. Good or bad.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a...OW7du4Zg9vPgI/cC/f=0/ps=50/r=0/rx=720/ry=480/

It's not my style, but it looks mean as hell. Couple of questions.. are the black door handles stock? and can you take a closer picture of the front fender w/ the custom vents?

I have an ingot silver Sport ordered... I want to eliminate the chrome handles since everything else is accented with black on it...

ry%3D480.jpg

First thing I thought of... :D

It's even got a 3-bar grille!!!

train.jpg

Black handles are stock on the base model.

I like it!
Reminds me of a Police vehicle.
Stealth!

Looks like a preview of the new Sport......

Looks real nice!!!
Which running boards did you go with?

That is one mean looking puppy. All it needs now is a sign that says "Bomb Disposal Unit" or "Urban Assault Vehicle".
What is the word down by the rockers? I assume it's "Explorer". I have been waiting to see an Ex w/ fender vents and you supplied it - nice choice.
I just received my 2013 Limited 302A and am in the process of making it mine.

Damn fine job - thumbs up !

Sweet, fine job, also like the train,!

I just purchased the same yesterday and was starting to get annoyed with the black handles. You have totally changed my mind. Looks awesome man.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to look and post comments.

To answer a few of the questions. I used black nerf bars and bull bar from Truckchamp.
I also used the escalade fender vents which I modified by painting over the chrome, cutting and sanding the sides. Lastly I used painted explorer emblems found on previous model years.

Pretty slick job!
I'd be having my 2013 Base this week and I know what to do immediately :)

Did you also paint the roof rails? Did you remove them to paint them? I want to paint mine as well, but was having a devil of a time removing them. Advice/instructions would be great. :)

It looks good !!

Did you also paint the roof rails? Did you remove them to paint them? I want to paint mine as well, but was having a devil of a time removing them. Advice/instructions would be great. :)

The roof rails come in black on the base models... Along with black door handles and i believe black mirrors..

The roof rails come in black on the base models... Along with black door handles and i believe black mirrors..

DOH, didn't even think about that!! :)

Still any idea how to take them off?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good. I like everything except the fender vents.

Would look really cool if the main body was black too.

Are those the Interceptor Utility black wheels or did you paint the OEM retail ones?

Back