• Register Today It's free!

Superlift camber help

slickemhoundd

Reaction score
City, State
Glassboro, southern jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Limited 5.0
Ive replaced all ball joints with control arms and also installed cam bolts but the passenger side tire is impossible to get right. With the camber adjusted all the way out im still severely negative. So i was wondering if id be safe spacing the 2 peice upper control arm at the mating point. With 2 washers or 3 max. Im destryoing my mt/rs with rotating them every 2500 miles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Perhaps a bent spindle... I had a 2000 sport, I bent the spindle on a curb, light hit. It made my camber negative beyond the limit.

Of course when i called superlift they've "never" heard of a bent knuckle on a ranger or explorer and they want $384 for a new one. that why i was trying to figure out if i could space out the 2 peice control arm.

i would try and find a camber kit that has 2 degree offset, i had the same problem with negetive camber after installing some new ones from napa it game me enough offset to get to spec. i have never been able to find out what degree offset the superlift camber kit uses

rock auto has a 2 1/4 degree kit,,

getimage.php

hmmmm. the cam bolt kit i got was from pep girls. Would there be anyway to tell what degree kit i have? id figure that as long as the bolt is as for away as possible from the opposing side itd be fine. ill have to look. ill try to order another pair to see if it makes a difference. for the cost its certainly worth a try over spacing the control arm out. but if it doesnt work id still like to know if id be safe

Back