Black out my Explorer? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Black out my Explorer?

jwm0531, i love the blackout theme. did you paint your wheels yourself?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what size lift did you do and your tire size? im really feeling the look and im trying to gather ideas

here's mine blacked out

006.jpg

Damn! Thats pretty dark. Looks great though! just throw some off road lights on the bar and use them at night..

Damn, thats a while ago. The person above me commented so it showed up at the top. Gave a peak at it.

Hey man, my explorer looks exactly that way but stock. I wanted to make it look off road and that's exactly how I pictured it. I see you took the bottom step off, but it's definitely lifted right? If so what are your specs. And are those off road tires same specs as stock or what

Hey man, my explorer looks exactly that way but stock. I wanted to make it look off road and that's exactly how I pictured it. I see you took the bottom step off, but it's definitely lifted right? If so what are your specs. And are those off road tires same specs as stock or what

This threads like 6 years old haha. Jutgins was 3 inch lifted, 265/70 tires and that's about it. 265/70's is the biggest you can run without rubbing.

I read a lot of guys talking about 3" lifts like on jutgin's Explorer. I can't find one for my '02 XLT. Anybody know where I can get one?

This threads like 6 years old haha. Jutgins was 3 inch lifted, 265/70 tires and that's about it. 265/70's is the biggest you can run without rubbing.

Jutgin's was 2" coils plus 3" body lift with 285's! No rubbing.
There is a thread on here from Roadbully about using a body lift from a ranger.

This brings back memories. I miss my old Explorer. It was so much more comfortable than my current Jeep Liberty.

This brings back memories. I miss my old Explorer. It was so much more comfortable than my current Jeep Liberty.

Might be time to trade that Liberty!

Might be time to trade that Liberty!

Maybe so, I drove a 2005 Explorer yesterday but I could tell the transmission was going out. If I find a clean 3rd gen I might pull the trigger. They are harder to find now than they were back in 2006.

hobby stores have a tranclucent black spray paint. you wet sand the lights then spray it with the paint. after that add your clear coat and they are black and shiny. and when the lights are on it shines perfectly.

Here's some pictures of mine for some inspiration. I tinted the tail lights, Painted the grill, and plasti-dipped my wheels, pillars, and Explorer badge flat black. I personally like the way it turned out. I'm considering installing Halos on my headlights and painting the inside of the housing black as well.

305302_304844339529811_1044161591_n.jpg

303862_306509309363314_2021350996_n.jpg

1240126_703990249615216_756030465_n.jpg

1237100_705650619449179_485962077_n.jpg

Hey WA7S0N, what does your tailgate emblem look like now? After you took off the tape.

Back