1996 5.0L mods | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1996 5.0L mods

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dont be discouraged there's alot of a--holes on here that think they know everything:D

I know I should have just not posted but wow a guy asks a question and ends up getting reamed for saying he could make a set of headers?

I would say, go for an exhaust and tune first. If your not happy with that, heads and cam or blower.

...Heads, Cam, Tune, and Intake Port-Match or Exhaust will get you 300hp flywheel, but please don't focus on ultimate HP for bragging, look at average power, especially with a daily driver SUV.

I for one rather have a 302 that makes 275hp peak and make more average HP than a motor that makes 325hp peak and averages less...

OK. Here we go.

Will the stock quasi GT40 heads do? What about the "Tweecer"? Know anything about it?

Heck, every guy who comes onto this site and talks about building a set of headers has a brother/uncle/cousin/dad/neighbor/roommate's mother's second cousin's nephew's friend's baby daddy that is a welder. See a trend here? If you are going to make a set, don't tell us why you can do it, just go do it.

Amen, brother. :D:thumbsup:

With all due respect to the OP, I've been on the site for a long time (but not as long as others). Find is oh so right. I don't see anyone actually fabricating their own headers for the 5.0 Explorer. Many people have proposed to do it. No one has actually gone down that road.

Best of luck if you're that one.

Just out of curiosity what do you guys think is better brand new ..the cast iron or tube steal manifolds both from dorman? I know they both suck but it looked like the steel ones would flow a little better to me

I agree. And I'm as guilty as anyone on the A-hole comment. That's why I gave a big thumbs up for truth. :biggthump

These "after thought; just saying" comments are just as important as the topic themselves.

If EF really wanted to cut down on this, they (you) would make a separate site or sub-site which "bundled up" all the FAQ that come along on this site (and I'm saying after years and years of the same topics) and have a moderator that has heard, seen and done it all, regulate it.

How many 4.0/5.0 performance, 2nd Gen lift and MPG threads do you need to see before someone makes a "this is what is known, and if anyone wishes to add or subtract to the discussion by logic or proof is happy to do so." topics before some says: just the "Same ol' *hit going on on EF."

I know this is what pinned threads are suppose to accomplish, but in the spirit of efficiency, there must be a better way.

I also understand that viewer hits and advertising is the bottom line with an online site (despite other reasons). Creating a database of knowledge for people to brows and search instead of an environment of argument (which I would agree keeps the people coming back) that has perpetuates the view count would be beneficial to ExplorerForum.com.

And for my comments above, I am fully ready to be attacked (verbally), banned, ignored or shunned by the members of this forum or it's moderators.

Tool_Man,

IMHO

Heads, Cam, Tune, and Intake Port-Match or Exhaust will get you 300hp flywheel, but please don't focus on ultimate HP for bragging, look at average power, especially with a daily driver SUV.

I for one rather have a 302 that makes 275hp peak and make more average HP than a motor that makes 325hp peak and averages less.

JMO...

whew! :confused:

this thread is all over the place.....

See? I'm glad I saved that knowledge above... :D

Back