2013 Ford Explorer LTD 4WD Ordered | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ford Explorer LTD 4WD Ordered

Ok folks...heres the story.

Bought the vehicle on May 31/12 in Ontario using the $1000 Costco rebate. When the vehicle came in (today) I was told that they would not honour the price and the price of the vehicle actually went up, as did the interest rate. This I was not willing to absorb (went up around $3000 if you count interest charges).

After telling the dealership we signed a legal binding contract (bill of sale), I was told, after having the dealership's manager throw the bill of sale at me, to call my lawyer.

My wife called Ford Canada Customer Relations and unfortunately they could not do anything because each dealership is "independently owned".

The sad thing is I had already sold my other vehicle (through them) and now am down to one vehicle. After some word, I asked for my deposit and sale of my previous vehicle back and walked out.

I was lied to, manipulated and cheated.

I called a contact at another Ford dealership and purchased essentially the same vehicle (couldn't get the same colour interior - but that wasn't a deal breaker). I hopefully go down and pick it up this Saturday.

In the end...I waited almost 8 weeks after factory ordering a vehicle only to not be able to get it. Everything happens for reason and I look at it as a life lesson.

Thanks to all for the kind words.

There is also a huge back story to this deal that would take me days to write LOL.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ouch Kanewtz! That does sound like a nightmare! At least you're going to be getting a vehicle this weekend and hopefully you can put all of this behind you. Do I remember that this is your first Ford as well? Not the ideal experience but don't let this sour you on the brand. Some of our cars (multiple brands) have been awful but the dealer has been great and vice versa. Frankly, the best all around purchase experience and great car combo has been with Carmax. We would definitely use them again. New car deals can be such a pita! We've had Chevys, VWs, Volvos, Hondas, Toyotas and we always circle back to Ford. My husband was in a really nasty wreck in his Focus and that little car took such a beating and left him without a scratch in a 70+ mph collision. Hang in there. Ford is awesome....its those "independently owned" morons you have to watch out for!
- Toddy

Ouch Kanewtz! That does sound like a nightmare! At least you're going to be getting a vehicle this weekend and hopefully you can put all of this behind you. Do I remember that this is your first Ford as well? Not the ideal experience but don't let this sour you on the brand. Some of our cars (multiple brands) have been awful but the dealer has been great and vice versa. Frankly, the best all around purchase experience and great car combo has been with Carmax. We would definitely use them again. New car deals can be such a pita! We've had Chevys, VWs, Volvos, Hondas, Toyotas and we always circle back to Ford. My husband was in a really nasty wreck in his Focus and that little car took such a beating and left him without a scratch in a 70+ mph collision. Hang in there. Ford is awesome....its those "independently owned" morons you have to watch out for!
- Toddy

This is my first Ford, having owned a:
2002 Cavalier
2005 Sunfire
2008 GMC Canyon

Currently own a:
2007 Civic

What is Carmax?

Cheers,
Matt

...I called a contact at another Ford dealership and purchased essentially the same vehicle (couldn't get the same colour interior - but that wasn't a deal breaker). I hopefully go down and pick it up this Saturday...Thanks to all for the kind words...
KanewtZ,

That’s great news you’re going to end up getting your Explorer (sans the interior). I still want to see pics! :D

...I cannot speak highly enough about my dealer...
It’s awesome your dealer takes care of you, JUtecht; have you considered bringing donuts next visit? LOL As a quick update, your order is still in production. :)

...My husband was in a really nasty wreck in his Focus and that little car took such a beating and left him without a scratch in a 70+ mph collision. Hang in there. Ford is awesome...
Toddy,

I’m so happy your husband wasn’t hurt; thank you for sharing!

Cory

Congratulations KanewtZ! I hope you are able to calm down and not have to deal with them again. It amazes me how difficult dealers can make things. If someone with ambition to be in the car biz ever figures out how to do this better, then these liesure suit Larrys will become extinct. I can't imagine that the front side of a dealership represents the bulk of their earnings. So why press so hard on it.

Just remember to enjoy your new ex.

" Everything happens for reason and I look at it as a life lesson. "

I'm glad you're taking a positive perspective on this. There is nothing worse than having someone take an "exciting' experience and turning into something completely negative.

I certainly hope that FORD looks into this a little... they could have lost a customer over a dealer's bad treatment.

Hope this next weekend is MUCH better for you and you get the FULL excitement over your new vehicle. Please share some pics!

Looks like I will be going down on Saturday to pick the vehicle up.

Was built on Apr 20/09 according to the ETIS website. I compared it against the one I had ordered and everything is the same.
Was any of the hardware for MFT changed between April and July or is the internal guts all the same?

Cheers!
Matt

...Just remember to enjoy your new ex.
...Hope this next weekend is MUCH better for you and you get the FULL excitement over your new vehicle. Please share some pics!
Since95 & pstiller,

You guys have it right! The most important thing to remember is enjoying your new set of wheels!

Looks like I will be going down on Saturday to pick the vehicle up...
Was any of the hardware for MFT changed between April and July or is the internal guts all the same?...
That’s exciting, Matt! Please don’t hesitate to PM me with anything you need before now and this weekend!

I recommend checking with Rebecca (FordIVTteam) on the In-Vehicle Technology team for your MFT question. She’s awesome! :)

Cory

Picked the Explorer up.

Will post pictures later on.

Wife took it to work LOL. Already lost driving rights on it.

Congrats!! :party:

Hope your wife lets you drive it, eventually :)

Congrats!! :party:

Hope your wife lets you drive it, eventually :)

It was mainly bought for her. I work at a mine...and the road is full of ore dust/water/gravel all the time.

Our Civic has been pretty abused on this road since driving down it...I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to the Ford.

On a side note, I drove it ~400km home and averaged 11.5L/100km. To me, this was quite good considering the vehicle hasn't even been broken in.

I don't know how I lived without adaptive cruise control before.

Cheers!
Matt

11.5 whats per 100 whats? :D

You crazy Canucks and your wacky units, lol.

11.5 whats per 100 whats? :D

You crazy Canucks and your wacky units, lol.

By wacky units you mean worldwide standard units except for a few countries, the US being one that is not willing to conform? :D

Hehe, yeah, that one ;)

Finally...pictures.

Washing it for the first time.
IMG_2791.jpg

IMG_2790.jpg

First time down at camp.
IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2803.jpg

As you can see...mixture of vehicles in our family.
IMG_2804.jpg

Cheers!
Matt

Nice! Enjoy the reset of the summer! Hope you got the remote starter ?

Awesome! Is that a lake in the background? If so, I hope you have some 'by the water' pics. You have one sweet ride, and welcome to the club :)

pstiller said:
Nice! Enjoy the reset of the summer! Hope you got the remote starter ?
Sure did...came with the Limited on the Intelligent Key Fob

Awesome! Is that a lake in the background? If so, I hope you have some 'by the water' pics. You have one sweet ride, and welcome to the club :)

Yes sir...it is Nepewassi Lake. Family has owned the camp you see for 40+ years. Lots of Walleye in the lake to fish for.
Getting some by the water pictures might be difficult as I have no way to drive down to the lake from our property.
Next time I am at the boat launch, I will snap some photos.
Thanks for the kind words of the truck. She is almost at 2000 KMs!

Cheers!
Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back