Caliper Covers or Painting/Powder Coating | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Caliper Covers or Painting/Powder Coating

Big, heavy, slow! They are trucks, not HP sports cars.
iconsmilebig.gif

Painting, or PC will make the calipers stand out, but not project the cheese of fake 'Big Brakes'.

But if you must get them, then I'm sure you will want this too! VERY cool! :eek:
http://www.soundracer.se/?p=98

My bad, didn't realize I was talking to a Big Balller! I think I'll try powder coating you suggest.I'm sure that will really give me the stopping power I need for my slow ride!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is so awesome!!! Now, which one to get? Forget about the crappy Mustang noise...so do I want a V-10 or a V-12 in my Ex now... ;)

Love it..... Now we need to install some type of hidden external speaker to project the sound out of the vehicle :)

Love it..... Now we need to install some type of hidden external speaker to project the sound out of the vehicle :)

Something like this:

1.1266533083.blues-brothers-mobile.jpg

Too funny!

To the OP, could you please post some pics of the installed product ?
I think I saw a picture of your EX on another thread with the covers installed, It looked great.

wow those look great

Ok, they look great, like the look, no issues with clearances?

I think this just draws the focus the tiny discs. Covers might be ok if you had a big break kit, but if you had one of those, you wouldn't need covers. But the added color also adds to the overall look.

Maybe it's the wheels that highlights the disk issue. Ford has always under sizes their disk rotors.

Do you really find the new pad composition leaves that much dust?

Im pretty OCD about my 20" polished aluminum rims and I don't see much dust.

Save the money and when you need new brakes buy the Ford OEM Interceptor Utility callipers and rotors by Brembo. They are huge compared to our retail ones and look very beefy.

Sgt, do you have a link or pics to see, or does Brembo list these on their web site?

MOTORCRAFT® BRAKES YOUR OE SOLUTION
Keep Your Interceptors On-Duty with Motorcraft® OE Replacements!

The all-new 2013 Ford Police Interceptors feature a heavy-duty anti-lock brake system developed and tested in association with the LA Sheriff’s Department and the Michigan State Police to help keep things under control!
Motorcraft® offers a complete line of OE brake parts to keep your fleet in top shape. The heavy duty calipers, beefed up rotors, and the specially formulated friction are the same parts that are on the vehicle when they roll of the assembly line, and available today at very competitive prices!

Model

Police Interceptor Sedan

Police Interceptor Utility

BRCF-208
BRCF-209
BRCF-237
BRCF-238
BRF-17
BRF-1383
BRRF-112
BRRF-92

Model Year 2013
Brakes - Caliper - Front - Right BRCF-208
Brakes - Caliper - Front - Left BRCF-209
Brakes - Caliper - Rear - Right BRCF-237
Brakes - Caliper - Rear - Left BRCF-238
Brakes - Friction - Front BRF-17
Brakes - Friction - Rear BRF-1383
Brakes - Rotors - Front BRRF-112
Brakes - Rotors - Rear BRRF-92

© 2012 Ford Motor Company MMS-66062
Motorcraft® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company
OUR BRAKES MEET FEDERAL SAFETY STANDARDS!

Because they’re built to Ford specifications, every Motorcraft® brake friction part undergoes thorough Ford on-vehicle testing as well as meeting Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS). This testing ensures the safe operation of the vehicle’s braking system under a variety of real-world driving conditions. On-vehicle testing is far more costly and complex but gives much more accurate feedback than dynamometer tests.

- FMVSS testing evaluates stopping and fade
• At high speed, low speed and different intervals
• Atthemaximumgrossvehicleweightandatlightloads
• At extreme brake temperatures with minimum recovery time between tests
• Under partial system failure conditions such as losing power assist if engine stalls (i.e. ran out of gas)
- Ford durability testing evaluates friction performance
• Thousands of miles of urban & suburban real world braking
• Must meet minimum wear, noise, dust, and vibration requirements
• Dyno testing = Laboratory evaluation of effects of temperature, speed, pressure, thermal history, and water
on friction level
- FMVSS testing is required testing for OE manufacturers
- Aftermarket manufacturers are not required to perform FMVSS tests and often rely only on dyno or D3EA testing
- Motorcraft® brake friction parts are FMVSS tested on EVERY Ford vehicle platform

When Motorcraft® premium brake pads and shoes are designed, engineered, tuned AND TESTED for EACH specific vehicle. And, on-vehicle testing allows parts to be fine-tuned to each vehicle platform for optimum performance and front to
rear balance.

When you install Motorcraft® brake pads and shoes on your vehicles, you know you’re installing quality. You know they have been thoroughly tested to meet Federal guidelines for stopping distance and brake fade under tough conditions. You know they meet stringent Ford specifications for noise, dust, and durability.

Best of all, they’re backed by Ford Motor Company and its 100 years of experience, so you know they’ve been tested tough!
Certified to Ford and Federal Safety Standards

What FMVSS Ford and Testing Means to You
© 2012 Ford Motor Company MMS-66062 FMVSSPOLICEFLYER-04/12 Motorcraft® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company

Thanks sgt

Brake Covers

My buddy is the Marketing guy over there at MGP. I had a set on my Expedition and they worked fantastic. I had black KMC's and they did a great job of holding off dust, let alone a sweet look to cover up the ugly factory cover. They are very simple to install, but here is the best part of all. My buddy gave me a tour of the factory and everything is "in house", I mean everything. Yes, all made in the USA and incredibly priced to sell. It is difficult to compete with China and all the copy cats price wise.

Your car looks great with them on, and I believe they will do custom one offs for anyone (pricing varies), but it can be worth it if you want it.

This was not a plug for the company just some friendly information.

If anybody is interested I may be able to see if he is willing to give a discount if a large buy is done with them, no promises.

Let me know

i know this might be silly but I want them in blue so they match my EX!

Mgp

I believe they can do custom colors as well, again all for a price

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

MOTORCRAFT® BRAKES YOUR OE SOLUTION
Keep Your Interceptors On-Duty with Motorcraft® OE Replacements!

The all-new 2013 Ford Police Interceptors feature a heavy-duty anti-lock brake system developed and tested in association with the LA Sheriff’s Department and the Michigan State Police to help keep things under control!
Motorcraft® offers a complete line of OE brake parts to keep your fleet in top shape. The heavy duty calipers, beefed up rotors, and the specially formulated friction are the same parts that are on the vehicle when they roll of the assembly line, and available today at very competitive prices!

Model

Police Interceptor Sedan

Police Interceptor Utility

BRCF-208
BRCF-209
BRCF-237
BRCF-238
BRF-17
BRF-1383
BRRF-112
BRRF-92

Model Year 2013
Brakes - Caliper - Front - Right BRCF-208
Brakes - Caliper - Front - Left BRCF-209
Brakes - Caliper - Rear - Right BRCF-237
Brakes - Caliper - Rear - Left BRCF-238
Brakes - Friction - Front BRF-17
Brakes - Friction - Rear BRF-1383
Brakes - Rotors - Front BRRF-112
Brakes - Rotors - Rear BRRF-92

© 2012 Ford Motor Company MMS-66062
Motorcraft® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company
OUR BRAKES MEET FEDERAL SAFETY STANDARDS!

Because they’re built to Ford specifications, every Motorcraft® brake friction part undergoes thorough Ford on-vehicle testing as well as meeting Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS). This testing ensures the safe operation of the vehicle’s braking system under a variety of real-world driving conditions. On-vehicle testing is far more costly and complex but gives much more accurate feedback than dynamometer tests.

- FMVSS testing evaluates stopping and fade
• At high speed, low speed and different intervals
• Atthemaximumgrossvehicleweightandatlightloads
• At extreme brake temperatures with minimum recovery time between tests
• Under partial system failure conditions such as losing power assist if engine stalls (i.e. ran out of gas)
- Ford durability testing evaluates friction performance
• Thousands of miles of urban & suburban real world braking
• Must meet minimum wear, noise, dust, and vibration requirements
• Dyno testing = Laboratory evaluation of effects of temperature, speed, pressure, thermal history, and water
on friction level
- FMVSS testing is required testing for OE manufacturers
- Aftermarket manufacturers are not required to perform FMVSS tests and often rely only on dyno or D3EA testing
- Motorcraft® brake friction parts are FMVSS tested on EVERY Ford vehicle platform

When Motorcraft® premium brake pads and shoes are designed, engineered, tuned AND TESTED for EACH specific vehicle. And, on-vehicle testing allows parts to be fine-tuned to each vehicle platform for optimum performance and front to
rear balance.

When you install Motorcraft® brake pads and shoes on your vehicles, you know you’re installing quality. You know they have been thoroughly tested to meet Federal guidelines for stopping distance and brake fade under tough conditions. You know they meet stringent Ford specifications for noise, dust, and durability.

Best of all, they’re backed by Ford Motor Company and its 100 years of experience, so you know they’ve been tested tough!
Certified to Ford and Federal Safety Standards

What FMVSS Ford and Testing Means to You
© 2012 Ford Motor Company MMS-66062 FMVSSPOLICEFLYER-04/12 Motorcraft® is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company

This is the way to go. $43 with $50 core charge is dirt cheap for calipers. This is the way to go once a brake change is due.

Back