A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Thanks for the info guys. I'm not exactly sure this information will help me though. The thing is, if I pull over immediately after leaving the lot, eventually the GPS will grab a signal. I feel like there's some sort of time out or retry issue where if it cannot immediately find sats, it waits too long before it reattempts. I never have the issue unless the car is started while indoors. I wish there was a way to manually reattempt to grab a signal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hannibalhector, Here's a link to another thread about sat. reception. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353565&highlight=diagnostic+mode

From what I understand you need four or more satellites to get a fix.

Also just caught a little bit of some tv show talking about onstar and nav and they said besides nav receiver there are wheel and body sensors sending info to the onboard computer to help inprove positioning. Guess that's why when you loose signal while driving it still knows where you are for a little while before sending you into a lake.:D

Peter, Here you go.. (from Baxterdown 08/2011)

How to put MFT - MyFord Touch into diagnostics mode

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, a friend gave me a tip yesterday. To enter MyFord Touch (Limited with Sony radio) into diagnostics mode:

- Make sure there is no CD in the system
- Set MFT to AM/FM
- Press and hold the eject button and...
- Immediately after press and hold the right arrow on the center wheel while still holding the eject button
- Hold both buttons pressed for about 12 seconds
- Screen goes black and MFT enters diagnostics mode

The system defaults to a speaker tone test which starts immediately. You can cancel it on the screen.

PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Thanks for that info GWA1. I had checked all the screens and options and began to think perhaps it was part of the Vehicle Health Report which we do not have here.
I haven't had any problems with the GPS. I start the Ex in the garage and of course the GPS shows as not available. By the time I back out of the driveway the GPS has been acquired.
Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Peter

What is the latest update on the MFT?

I have currently Gen2 - V2.8 installed

Your a couple versions behind, you havent had the latest upgrade.

Hi, Joeymustang!

The latest version is 3.0.2. If you'd like to upgrade, please contact your dealer to setup an appointment. If you have NAV, be sure to let them know you'll need a new SD card. Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca

Rebecca,

I just wanted to know if there is any light at the end of the tunnel for the problem of wind noise when using bluetooth. It is so frustrating to not have Ford step up to the plate and fix the shortcoming which bothers so many of us loyal owners.

Hi, Joeymustang!

The latest version is 3.0.2. If you'd like to upgrade, please contact your dealer to setup an appointment. If you have NAV, be sure to let them know you'll need a new SD card. Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca

I'm on version 2.11. Dumb question... I just bought my vehicle 6 days ago. Shouldn't they have made sure it was up to date fully before I picked it up? I'm taking it in on Tuesday to get a hitch put on, so it's not a big deal, but still.

Rebecca,

I just wanted to know if there is any light at the end of the tunnel for the problem of wind noise when using bluetooth. It is so frustrating to not have Ford step up to the plate and fix the shortcoming which bothers so many of us loyal owners.

Hey, flaguy!

I'll send you a private message shortly.

I'm on version 2.11. Dumb question... I just bought my vehicle 6 days ago. Shouldn't they have made sure it was up to date fully before I picked it up? I'm taking it in on Tuesday to get a hitch put on, so it's not a big deal, but still.

There are no dumb questions, tiresmoke! Yes, it should have been updated already; your dealer may have missed updating it while programming all the others on the lot. ;)

Rebecca

Same problem here with wind noise it's horrible. Any news on a fix would be welcome

Rebecca,

Rebecca (thanks, by the way) had a company rep contact me and she told me that the engineers (finally) are aware of the problem and have narrowed it down to software. The microphone was ruled out. They are working on a software rewrite that they hope will fix the problem. She said another release of software is expected late in the year. It is encouraging to hear that someone has finally recognized what so many of us have been complaining about.

The new software isn't as fancy as the old one.

I think the old software was perfectly fine if they programmed it to use the onboard graphics in the first place.

I miss the temp display on the top. I miss the fancy looks and pictures when playing the radio. It's just inconvenient where the radio buttons are located now.

Turning the fan speed down or up doesn't show anything when you're turning the knob at the homescreen.

However, everything does seem smoother and faster though, that's a big plus.

I hope there is a new upgrade that does add back some of the old features I liked in the old software updates...

Other than that, it's a smooth and reliable upgrade.

Thanks for that info GWA1. I had checked all the screens and options and began to think perhaps it was part of the Vehicle Health Report which we do not have here.
I haven't had any problems with the GPS. I start the Ex in the garage and of course the GPS shows as not available. By the time I back out of the driveway the GPS has been acquired.
Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Peter

This is the exact opposite of my car. I park outside, and when I start my car in the morning I have no GPS reception, even though 1/2 the sky is visible to the car. It takes about 30 minutes of driving usually until it finds the location. Hoping that I win my arbitration case cause there is something wrong somewhere that they can't fix.

This is the exact opposite of my car. I park outside, and when I start my car in the morning I have no GPS reception, even though 1/2 the sky is visible to the car. It takes about 30 minutes of driving usually until it finds the location. Hoping that I win my arbitration case cause there is something wrong somewhere that they can't fix.

Im the same as you.......doesnt matter how long I'm out in the open sky it just cant find GPS co-ordinates.

Two performance upgrades and a new APIM, still no better.

It shows me driving across open bodies of water sometimes.

Rebecca (thanks, by the way) had a company rep contact me and she told me that the engineers (finally) are aware of the problem and have narrowed it down to software. The microphone was ruled out. They are working on a software rewrite that they hope will fix the problem. She said another release of software is expected late in the year. It is encouraging to hear that someone has finally recognized what so many of us have been complaining about.

You're welcome!

The new software isn't as fancy as the old one.

I think the old software was perfectly fine if they programmed it to use the onboard graphics in the first place.

I miss the temp display on the top. I miss the fancy looks and pictures when playing the radio. It's just inconvenient where the radio buttons are located now.

Turning the fan speed down or up doesn't show anything when you're turning the knob at the homescreen.

However, everything does seem smoother and faster though, that's a big plus.

I hope there is a new upgrade that does add back some of the old features I liked in the old software updates...

Other than that, it's a smooth and reliable upgrade.

1995E, you'll be happy to know we're working on an update for the outside temp to be a configurable option. I'm not sure what else is planned, but at least you know we are listening. :)

Rebecca

Im the same as you.......doesnt matter how long I'm out in the open sky it just cant find GPS co-ordinates.

I was driving on the runways at the local airport yesterday... According to GPS I clipped about 3 hangers and drove right through the middle of another. I just barely missed a landing plane too... whew!

I was driving on the runways at the local airport yesterday... According to GPS I clipped about 3 hangers and drove right through the middle of another. I just barely missed a landing plane too... whew!

This is the basis of my lemon law complaint. If I do win the case and get a new car, it better not have the same issue or I'm gonna be really pissed.

This is the basis of my lemon law complaint. If I do win the case and get a new car, it better not have the same issue or I'm gonna be really pissed.

Let me know how you make out as Im doing the same arbitration

You will have the same issue if you're moving into another Ford with MFT...
There are many with 2013's that are complaining of the GPS acquisition and accuracy problems.

I assume this is a software issue since I didn't have any of these issues with the 2.4 software, they started in the 2.11 software. I expect them to be addressed, at least to some degree, in the next update.

Ford settled my lemon law case in regards to MFT and the issues that Ford acknowledged they were aware of at the time I purchased the vehicle, but failed to make me aware of during the purchase. Ford refused service on my vehicle in relation to MFT for 7 months while they instructed dealers that "an update is coming to resolve all of the issues". Other than MFT I am in love w/ our explorer from a dependable, comfortable, and good looking vehicle standpoint. I am moving into another Explorer ('13 Sport ordered) knowing the issues with MFT ahead of time and having the ability to weigh them against the other qualities of the vehicle. I purchased the first explorer with MFT as one of the major buying points, if I could purchase the sport w/ no MFT I would in a heartbeat, I feel there are many other aftermarket infotainment systems that are much more stable than MFT.

I got my 2013 explorer just 2 weeks ago, and have already had mft freeze up a few times, it only seems to happen after using voice command a few times

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got my 2013 explorer just 2 weeks ago, and have already had mft freeze up a few times, it only seems to happen after using voice command a few times

I really haven’t had an issue in my 2011 and I had mine longer then you. :D Anyway, I haven’t seen anyone else on here with a 2013 complain but have had mine freeze up a couple of times. When you updated MFT (Did you?) did you update it right? Maybe you should try again.

Back