Muffler painted

CDN_Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
New Brunswick, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer LTD
Hi Folks,
I noticed that the oem black paint was chipping off my muffler and nasty rust spots started to pop up. So I decided to rust proof and re-spray. While I was at it, I also sprayed the ugly silver Y piping that's visible for anyone driving behind us. Everything is blacked out now and I think it looks a lot cleaner. Here are some pics:

photo29.jpg

photo30.jpg

photo31.jpg

photo32.jpg

I know, pretty shotty quality pics, I'll take some more during better lighting conditions.

This is a super easy and cheap DIY for anybody!! I simply scrubbed them down first, then took a sandpaper to them, then sprayed a rust proofing silver coat on them and then covered them with a matte, high temperature black paint.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good, from what I can see (lol) :thumbsup:

Pretty cool idea.

I don't know, I like my exhaust...it reminds me of the 03-04 Cobras

Chiapetta%2003%20Cobra%20Rear.jpg

but thats just me...looks good!

Looks good, thanks for the pics

Here is a bit of a better shot, it's hard to get a good one since there's always shade under the car. I think it looks cleaner. Seeing the pipes would be alright with a Magnaflow or whatever when you actually have a nice chrome look to it.

photo33.jpg

Looks good. Might do this myself

Here is a bit of a better shot, it's hard to get a good one since there's always shade under the car. I think it looks cleaner. Seeing the pipes would be alright with a Magnaflow or whatever when you actually have a nice chrome look to it.

photo33.jpg

Way better picture! That looks killer! Great work!

Painted my pipes the first week I had it. Don't understand why the mufflers are black but the pipes stick out like a sore thumb!

Nice!! I like it.

Out of curiosity, how had the paint been holding up?

That looks great and simple to do. I may do this as a weekend project.
- Justin

Back