Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Official Explorer MFT Problems / Issues / Feature Suggestions Thread

1. Feature
2. 2012 Limited
3. 2.11
4. A real-world example from this morning. A guy in a CRV broke down a few cars in front of me. I stopped to ask him if he needed help. Turned out he'd run out of gas. With my TomTom I'd just hit the button and say "take me to the nearest gas station". With MFT it took several voice commands or button presses and took ages. Simple commands like this should be built in.

Hi, Jimmy-B!

Out of curiosity, how did you go about getting the gas prices? If you are on the SiriusXM Travel Link screen, you should only have to press the VOICE button then say Fuel Prices, Show Gas Prices, Show Fuel Prices, or Gas Prices. If you aren't already on that screen, when you press the VOICE button, you can say Travel Link and then any of the above options when prompted.

Hope this helps!

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's an example of how tough it must be to program for voice control- all of the ways someone can request information. Personally I certainly would not think to ask for gas prices when I wanted to know where the station was located...

My frustration the other day was in trying to find the Tigers game on Sirius. I was fairly sure there was a MLB station, or some sports channel dedicated to baseball so I tried going through the voice system. "Sirius" "Major League Baseball" "Sirius" "MLB", etc. it kept sending me to some music channel. I gave up, as browsing with MFT is even worse.

That's an example of how tough it must be to program for voice control- all of the ways someone can request information. Personally I certainly would not think to ask for gas prices when I wanted to know where the station was located...

My frustration the other day was in trying to find the Tigers game on Sirius. I was fairly sure there was a MLB station, or some sports channel dedicated to baseball so I tried going through the voice system. "Sirius" "Major League Baseball" "Sirius" "MLB", etc. it kept sending me to some music channel. I gave up, as browsing with MFT is even worse.

Randy -

I can post some commands for SiriusXM but I don't want to hijack this thread with them ;)

I'll post the info here:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326993&highlight=VOICE+COMMANDS&page=2

Rebecca

1. Hands Free
2 Ltd 302 Tow
4.MFT 2.11
Excessive background noise during phone calls. Is FORD making any attempt to create better noise reduction software in the big update due ut next year? I hope so.

1. 2011 LTD 4WD with 302A
2. V2.11
3. Bug
4. When shutting down my system the last screen I see should be the Ford Logo fading out. This does not happen 30-40% of the time and the system locks. When I go to start the car that same screen comes on instead of the Ford Logo and is frozen. However most of the time the radio comes on first then the screen flicks and you see "loading Navigator" and all is up again. This process takes a several minutes each time, sometimes I just start driving. Seems there is just too much going on when the system shuts down and you get a memory conflict and it locks the screen instead of bringing up the closing Ford Logo. I tried shutting off the radio first and sometimes that helps but not always.

Ps: I have nothing except an iPhone in use with 60 contacts and no songs. It did the same with my blackberry.

1. 2011 LTD
2. 2.11
3. Feature
4. Allow manual entry of addresses, etc into NAV while moving if passenger airbag is activated. In other words, if I have a passenger they should be able to program addresses and waypoints into the NAV while in motion.

1. 2011 LTD
2. 2.11
3. Feature
4. Allow manual entry of addresses, etc into NAV while moving if passenger airbag is activated. In other words, if I have a passenger they should be able to program addresses and waypoints into the NAV while in motion.

:thumbsup:

Temperature display on the right instrument cluster and the MFT display do not match on MFT version 2.11 when the temperature is below zero degrees F. It is consistently off by exactly one degree.

1.) bug
2.) 2012 limited
3.) 50 miles
4.) MFT v. 2.11
5.) Radio turns on and off by itself. Only happens when traveling with passengers and works fine when traveling by myself. When the problem happens and the radio will just turn on and off by itself without me hitting the power button. This problem is really anoying because when I travel with passengers I have to lower the radio volume completely because the radio will keep turning on and off the whole time

1. Bug
2. 2012 LTD, 4WD, 302A
3. 4500
4. 2.11
5. First problem is with the voice command button. Usually within the first 2-3 minutes of getting on the road I need to make a phone call. I hit the voice command button and NOTHING happens. It just doesn't do anything. I usually have to wait easily 5-10 minutes before I can get the voice command to respond and thus make a phone call.

Second problem is with the voice command in general - it's very slow. I'll say call Home and it will process and think about it and then think some more and then sometimes it will connect and then just randomly disconnect. I'm using an iPhone 4 on 5.0.1 iOS. I work in technology for a living so I'm no stranger to bugs and such but a few of these are stupid.

Also, the overall lag of the system is pretty bad. It seems to get a little snappier the longer you drive but the first 5-10 minutes it's pretty bad.

I've yet to be able to pull a vehicle health report from the syncmyride.com site. I receive the following error: :Error Our system has experienced an error. Please try again." Very helpful. I've tried several times over the last few days and even performed another VHR and it still didn't work.

1. Bug
2. 2012 LTD, 4WD, 302A
3. 4500
4. 2.11
5. When I press the automatic rear lift gate close button and I hop in my car and then place the car in drive, if I do this prior to the lift gate completely closing it stops the close and then opens back up again...

A very good idea (a forum for owners with no issues with MFT).

1. Bug
2. 2012 LTD, 4WD, 302A
3. 4500
4. 2.11
5. When I press the automatic rear lift gate close button and I hop in my car and then place the car in drive, if I do this prior to the lift gate completely closing it stops the close and then opens back up again...

Same here.... One of these days I'm not going to see it happen and it's going to hit the top of my garage door.

1. Bug
2. 36000
3. 2011 LTD, 4WD, 302A
4. 2.11

1. Bug
2. 2011 Limited
3. MFT version: 2.11
4. When listening to USB before exiting the vehicle, MFT starts back on radio. Equally, when listening to radio before exiting the vehicle, MFT starts back on USB. This happens constantly.

+1 on this problem
1. Bug
2. 2011, LTD, AWD
3. MFT Ver. 2.11

1. BUG
2. 2012 Explorer Base w/ Sync addon (Non-touch)
3. 11,000
4. version 3.11
5. When initiating a call from the phone menu I'll say something like "Call wife at home". The system chokes and doesn't do anything. I press the voice button again and say it again and most of the time it does place the call. I have found that if I wake up my Android phone first when place the call from sync it tends to go through the first time. I believe the sync system is choking cause it's not waiting long enough for the phone to wake up or something along those lines. It does it on a very regular basis and I can replicate it over and over again. I'm using a Motorola Atrix 4G (1st gen Atrix) with Android version 2.3.7

1. Bug
2. 2012 Explorer Limited 4WD 302a
3. 189 Miles-2 days old
4. Sync VersionGen2 - V3.0.2
5. Had the car 2 days and got the black screen of death while in backup mode. Lost all functionality and won't reboot. Dealer tried hard reset 3x and got no response. Said they hadn't seen this particular issue before and will need a few days to try and find the problem. Very frustrating for a first time Ford owner.

Lose Settings after reboot

1. Bug
2. 2011 Limited - 301A
3. MFT version: Gen2-V3.0.2
4. After one of the many reboots occur, the settings for autodim get set back to default (which is unreadable in the light). Also the Ambient Lighting turns off.

1. Bug
2. 2011 Limited - 301A
3. MFT version: Gen2-V3.0.2
4. When I click the + button on the screen brightness on the MFT, it goes Dim then bright, dim then bright instead of just getting brighter.

1. BUG
2. 2013 Limited 302A
3. MFT - latest update
4. After hitting the "Privacy" button on the phone screen, incoming/outgoing voice calls no longer have any sound, even when the "Privacy" button is no longer lit. Deleting and re-pairing the phones has not fixed the issue. Will try system reboot and report back.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1. 2011 LTD
2. MFT - Latest Upgrade by dealer in March 2012
3. Feature
4. Add radio scan control (start/stop) to steering wheel control buttons.

For instance, if I have the radio scanning, but want to keep the NAV screen up, I have to go back to the radio screen to stop the scan on the program I like. Typically, during the delay it takes to change screens, the scan moves on to the next station. It seems like it would be easy to program the ability to control this process from the steering wheel.

Back