Sirius Weather Map Display ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sirius Weather Map Display ?

n5tz2000

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
All:

I have being having trouble getting the Sirius weather map to display data. It has worked a couple of times but more times than not it just displays the map with no data. All of the other weather information seems fine. Also other sirius data, gas pricing, sports, etc are ok. I've tried a Sirius refresh signal and pulling fuse 29, but it didn't seem to help.

Anyone have any suggestions ?

Thanks
Dennis

2013 Explorer Limited with V6, 302A package, towing, BLIS.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Dennis!

Unfortunately, I don't have a suggestion for you. Our weather map is pretty touchy. When we first got the car, it worked like a charm, and so did the fuel prices. Then, only one of those would work at any one time. Then they both stopped working. Just the other day, it looks like the system did a 'system maintenance' and now they both work. Oh well.

Sirius Weather Display ?

VinceL:

Thanks for the reply. I was able to restore the weather by rebooting MFT. There was a thread on the forum with a link to the delayed root app. I used that to force a reboot and the weather is back. Nothing else (fuel, sports, etc) was effected. So we'll see how things go.

Dennis

Glad it's working for ya :)

Mine is the same way. I've already reported the issue to Ford, so hopefully the next update fixes it.

My MFT goes in cycles:

1.) works great for awhile
2.) buttons turn red
3.) system reboots itself
4.) weather maps dont work
5.) I get mad and pull the fuse.

Rinse and Repeat.

I have heard from someone else (not sure who though) that popping out the SD card for the maps and then re-inserting it fixes the weather maps. I haven't tried it (as my maps work right now), but next time I get the weather map issue, I'm going to give it a try.

Mine is the same way. I've already reported the issue to Ford, so hopefully the next update fixes it.

My MFT goes in cycles:

1.) works great for awhile
2.) buttons turn red
3.) system reboots itself
4.) weather maps dont work
5.) I get mad and pull the fuse.

Rinse and Repeat.

I have heard from someone else (not sure who though) that popping out the SD card for the maps and then re-inserting it fixes the weather maps. I haven't tried it (as my maps work right now), but next time I get the weather map issue, I'm going to give it a try.

I haven't heard about pulling the SD card to fix the weather maps. I will be giving that a try as well the next time it stops working.

I haven't heard about pulling the SD card to fix the weather maps. I will be giving that a try as well the next time it stops working.

Ok, so my MFT must have rebooted sometime yesterday because when I got in the car, when I pressed the "i" button on the home screen it defaulted back to Sync services rather than the Travel Link screen. Sure enough, the weather map was unavailable and showed no weather data.

Popped the map SD card out. Waited 10 seconds. Popped it back in. Waited another 10 seconds. VOILA!!!! THE WEATHER MAP WORKS!!!!!

sorry, I'm new to ford sync. Is the sirius weather a nav only feature? I haven't seen it.

My friend tried the Nav card pull trick to fix his weather map, and it worked like a charm! That makes work-around number 997, and counting...

jrmexplorer, thanks for posting that tip :)

Hi nrfitchett4:

I have the MFT display in my ex. If you go to the information screen and select Travel Services then Weather you can display current conditions, forecast or a weather map. You need to have a Sirius Travel Services subscription (that should be free for the first 3 months).

Sometimes only the map will display without weather info. It appears just pulling the Nav SD data card will reset things so it will display again. Hopefully Ford is working on a patch.

Dennis

I've never had the fuel prices come up. It didn't bother me because I find it much simpler to use the gasbuddy app on my phone. However, now that you mention it, it bothers me. thanks. ;)

My friend tried the Nav card pull trick to fix his weather map, and it worked like a charm! That makes work-around number 997, and counting...

jrmexplorer, thanks for posting that tip :)

No problem.... I heard it from someone over at syncmyride.com

I'm just glad there is a solution that doesn't involve pulling a fuse as I really like the weather map feature and I was tired of having to pull a fuse every 2-3 weeks.

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to jump on and let you know we're aware of this issue and working on a fix. Pulling the SD card like jrmexplorer stated (Thank you, J!), is an appropriate temporary fix for this. Once I have more info on this subject, I'll be sure to let you all know!

Have a great weekend!

sorry, I'm new to ford sync. Is the sirius weather a nav only feature? I haven't seen it.

Yes, this is a NAV only feature, nrfitchett4. If you don't have NAV, you can use SYNC Services. Here's what you can do with Services:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/sync-services-overview-sync-myford-touch

Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

Rebecca

My weather map hasn't worked for a couple of weeks. I hope Ford can get it figured out quickly. I use it a lot. I will try the SD card pull.

Hey JRMExplorer,

When you removed and re-inserted the SD card, was the car running at the time?

Thanks

Hey JRMExplorer,

When you removed and re-inserted the SD card, was the car running at the time?

Thanks

Yes. I took the SD card out for 10 seconds and then reinserted it. I just ignore the popup boxes that the system throws. Once it is reinserted it loads and after a little while a box pops up saying SD nav is available, I pressed OK and then went to the weather maps and it worked.

It's worked several times since then actually. The last time, I had to wait about 30 seconds until I saw the weather data, but it did work.

I'd performed to Delayed Reboots which failed to rememdy the issue. Tried popping the SD in my Edge Saturday fixing the problem.

Thanks

I pulled the SD card today and the weather map returned.

Thanks

Weather map issue

Dennis,
I just joined the this group as I am having the same problems. I have tried everything and taken to Ford several times and no luck. Seems to be tied into Serius updates and Ford maintenance updates. Have you been able to find the solution to the problem.

Bill Shaw
bill@wmshawandassoc.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to jump on and let you know we're aware of this issue and working on a fix. Pulling the SD card like jrmexplorer stated (Thank you, J!), is an appropriate temporary fix for this. Once I have more info on this subject, I'll be sure to let you all know!

Have a great weekend!

Rebecca

Anything yet Rebecca?

Back