• Register Today It's free!

Stickers n your Ex

spitfisher

Reaction score
City, State
New England
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer XLT
Stickers often say a lot of your interest, passion and hobbies. As well as your political beliefs - but we wo't go there.

Then of course there is the anti sticker and antif logo crowd, they strip everything off short of the license plate.

So show us your stickers. I keep mine short an sweet, often a logo rather than anything spelled out. Where I have been, where I am heading, brands I use I leave those for the thule box.

Striped bass and an often moved magnetic New England Patriots.

35391f16.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I only have two stickers on the back. One is my college parking sticker and the other is the name of my college.

I'll have my Romney sticker on the back window as soon as it arrives!

This is the only sticker on mine. :D

Peter

Attachments

• P8070358a.jpg
    P8070358a.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,069

Heat gun or good hair dryer and some goo gone for the left over gets rid of that.

I can't stand dealer stickers, especially when they can't put them on straight. They're the first thing that comes off when I get a new car in my possession if they forget to listen when signing and not even put it on in the first place. :)

Dealer never asked me on our custom ordered car. I easily peeled it off when I got home... I actually like our dealer a lot but no way I am going to do free advertising for them.

Dealers don't ask me, I just stipulate that if there was a sticker on the F150, that we would not be taking delivery of the truck, so don't even think about putting it on there.

I always liked when they used to itemize "promotion and advertising" in final charges. You're charging me more to have a plate frame? I think not. :)

I always liked when they used to itemize "promotion and advertising" in final charges. You're charging me more to have a plate frame? I think not. :)

No but you are paying for the Ford commercials, ads, and brochures :)

Oh no- it was a dealer charge, seperate from the charge for advertising and destination... Dealer even said "that's for our vehicle advertising and signage." Why he even answered that question is beyond me!

Dealer never asked me on our custom ordered car. I easily peeled it off when I got home... I actually like our dealer a lot but no way I am going to do free advertising for them.
I don't think they ask. I've had them on all my ordered vehicles along with the free license plate holders and I have absolutely no problems with it. In fact, I kind of like them. I also like seeing where others have bought theirs or if they are 'out of towners'. You are giving the manufacturer free advertising just by driving your vehicle around so why not the dealer?
I think we are also straying a bit from what the OP was looking for.

Peter

The older I get the more I like a clean decal free car. I would take some of the factory stuff off my Super Duty if there weren't locating holes behind it, the dealer sticker was the first and only thing I've done to my wife's Edge.

Only have Explorer Forum stickers on the rear side windows. One on each side. No dealer stickers anywhere.

No dealer stickers. I too would have refused delivery had they put one on, after I told them not to. Not even a frame for the plate.

Fear the Goat!

You've got to represent! :salute:

USNA2.jpg

'Less is more'!

Somewhat related, how could I remove the "explorer" or the "sport" logo things on mine? Not sure I'll remove them, but just in case.
Also, I haven't searched yet, sorry. But I'm already on this thread so I figured it couldn't hurt too much...

If its a latex type sticker, if you are careful try to lift the edge with a raw razer blade and peel it off, next
Start with goo gone or wd 40.read the directions first to remove the residue.
Of course a heat gun ncluding a hair dryer can also assist in removal.

Take your time.

Ok, here it is.

20120809_124939.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back