Hungry Valley/Gorman Ca 8/18-8/19/2012 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hungry Valley/Gorman Ca 8/18-8/19/2012

Sp0rtTr4c

Reaction score
City, State
So. Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
04' Sport Trac
Hey everyone,

My name is Travis, my fiance and I will be heading out to Hungry valley this weekend. I have not been there in almost 10 years and it would be really cool to meet up with some other forum members. We are going to stay at the Holiday inn up the street so we could meet there or the obstacle area in the park.

Let me know if anyone will be out there, we are going no matter what, but like I said it would be nice to drive around with some other people.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..I would be glad to meet up with you but sadly I'm a few hundred miles in the other direction this week..:(

..An annual event I usually attend up there earlier in the summer will be held in September this year so I'm going to try and head up there then..

..Stic-o lives not to far away and hopefully will see this thread..

..:scratch:..I think it's still $10 for overnight camping up there but if you can feed us some current info and lot's of pics would be cool..:biggthump

Ugh....Can't make it this weekend, and JP is broken right now too. I have a shock mount I need to re-weld back to the to the frame :(

I might go.. just need to fix a hub and put my skid plate back on first. ... sounds fun :)

be more specific about timing.. I'd probably head up Saturday, camp saturday night and head home sunday. so, maybe meet Saturday at like 3:00 at the obstacle course area?

do you have a CB?

I wont be up there until about 3 as well on saturday. So 4pm at the obstacle area would work. On sunday we are going to Castaic lake on our way home so we will only be offroading saturday evening and a little on sunday morning.

I don't have a cb, wish i did though.

I would consider joining you but my 96 is stock and my Early Bronco doesn't have A/C. Going up that hill in triple digit temps doesn't appeal to me.

Catcha the next time thru.

Dan

my X has no a/c (at the moment).... it'll be nice temps by evening. but sounds like only the OP is going, and he's only going for a couple hours and leaving. if this is the case, i'll probably just stay home and work on my rigs. they need plenty.

maybe we can get a bigger group?

Yes I will only be there for a few hours, i just checking to see if there were any locals that would be interested for a half day thing.

I'm in Lake Elsinore and I take my truck out almost every weekend so let me know whenever you guys go out somewhere in socal and i'll meet up with you.

Dang youll be passing right by me too. I wish I could go but I need to install my fabtech spindles this weekend. My knock off brand ones are pieces of crap. Should have known it was to good of a deal... :/

I plan on being up there for 4WP customer apprecian day on 9/30/2012. Hope to see some of you guys up there. CB channel 27. Ask for Apollo 3 or Bronchole, I will answer to either.

..I'm up there every year and should be this year too..;)

..I think I'll be coming up from San Diego but Friday would be ideal for me if I can beat the traffic..

..I tend to leave early before lunch Sunday though..:D

If I end up going, right now i'm 80% not going, I could meet up with you (tbars4) and we can caravan down there or somethin'. I'm in Lake Elsinore, right off of the 15.

I just saw this was a sticky and will be unstuck this eve and I will follpw up in the other thread...

Hungry Valley SVRA is on facebook. Cruise on over and like them! You need to get to the point of entering SVRA before they come up.

Back